account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ charges only when connected to computer

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia XZ charges only when connected to computer

My Xperia XZ charges now only when it is connected with a PC via an USB port (and only some USB ports work) . 

It recognises when I plug it to a wall charger (the LED is 3 seconds red), but it won't charge.

I tried the following to fix:

-Forced Restart

-Forced shot down

-Soft reset

-Trying with different cables

-Trying on different locations

-Cleaning all openings with air compression

-Software Repair

-let it plugged in to the wall for very long time and overnight. 

Nothing helped. The issue appeared not long after I updated the phone to Android 8.0.0 (I had an old version and had to update 3 or 4 times to get to 8.0.0), so I'm not sure if the update is the cause of the problem. 

I appreciate for every help I can get Slightly smiling Face. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia XZ charges only when connected to computer

@Munti-CH 

Among the things you tried, you didn't mention trying a different wall charger. Can you try that?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Questor,

Thank you very much for your reply. I did try different wall chargers. Also at wall chargers in different buildings. But it didn't charge my phone-

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Munti-CH, I am sorry to hear about this.

If the you have tried all troubleshooting steps from your first post and different sockets as @Quester mentioned and the phone still does not charge as intended, I am afraid the only thing left to do is to get in contact with your local support team In order to have your phone sent to an authorized service center.

If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Feel free to return if you have further questions!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.