account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ SDCard Support

SOLVED
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: Xperia XZ SDCard Support

@Rickard Would be nice if we can decide by ourselves.

If im right this Option to Format SD Card as Internal gives this warning like other brands support it.

btw.: good that there is a not so complicated way around this restiction. Just by ADB make a private Partition out of the SDCard Drive and then migrate it to Internal. Would work also for the Xperia XZ users. 😉
So i still bought the XZ.
But please make it easier to get functionality to this feature in the future.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Glad to hear you bought the XZ Slightly smiling Face

It has been forwarded as feedback internally but i'm afraid i don't know if this is something that will change in the future.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

Oh thats so bad of the XZ Camera app.
After i migrated the SDCard to Internal memory, the Camera App, "and thats the only one" dont wont to find an drive to store the pictures. Is thats in purpose?
To brick the cam app, if migrated SD is in use?
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

Xperia XZ Camera App bricks when use migrated SDCard

Make the SDCard a private partition and migrate it, let the Camera app not realizing any storage anymore.
Sony is officially not supporting this feature for SDCard migration, but things like that shouldn't happened.
Emperor
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

Re: Xperia XZ Camera App bricks when use migrated SDCard

Could you elaborate on this?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

Sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

I'm afraid i don't know what sets the camera app apart in this case but i doubt it's made on purpose. Formatting the SD card as internal storage is not a supported feature so it might not have been tested. I'll forward this as feedback but you may need to use another camera app in this case.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

Re: Xperia XZ Camera App bricks when use migrated SDCard

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

Use another Camera app is not really an option for Xperia user. 😉
Visitor
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

I know that uhs-ii is compatible with uhs-i. I want to know if xz can fully support uhs-ii?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

I know its 2 months ago but anything new about " sd card as internal memory" ? 
Sure we can move the apps to the sd card but not the full data.
With some adb comants we can force that sd card is used as internal memory but then the camera cant find space to save pictures. 

I have  a 64gb sd card but only music and pictures there. 15GB apps on internal, 10GB is OS and only 10Gb free Slightly frowning Face

Would it be possible to maybe activate the possibility in the developer options ? Some of us really need this. 
Other manufactors have this option too.