account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0

Talent
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Xperia XZ Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0

I downloaded a PDF from the Qualcomm website that states which phones are supported by quick charge 3.0 and states it's up to the manufacturer to enable it fully so I just want to know if Sony has enabled this?

16 REPLIES 16
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Xperia XZ Qualcomm 3.0

Hi @92,

Xperia XZ supports Qualcomm Quick charge 3.0 when using the UCH12W charger or when charging using the DK60 charging dock! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Re: Xperia XZ Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0

can I use a Qualcomm certified 3.0 charger and cable that isn't a Sony one?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

I would not recommend that you charge your phone with a third party charger and this is also stated in our warranty terms.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz/supportDocumentation/ > click on "Select a document" and choose "Warranty information" and click on "Select a country" and choose the one you are in and press "Download".

This is taken from the English warranty terms.

"Use of charging devices that are not Sony branded may pose increased safety risks".

"Sony recommends that you use only batteries and chargers approved by Sony".

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Adept
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

The charger which came in the box with my phone is a UCH20, is that normal or should I be getting the UCH12 charger in the box. I bought the phone from Sony's certified agent in my country. I need to know if that's normal not to receive the fast charger in the box or have they robbed me.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Hi @isbesheer,

This may vary between markets, and since I'm located in the Nordic region I can only answer for what charger is included together with the phone here, and that is the UCH20 charger.

I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team and raise this question with them. They are the experts on your market and are well informed on market specific inquires such as this one.

Let me know if you get an answer from them!

Talent
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

I've got rid of my XZ now, worst Sony phone I've had, got a Samsung instead and a quick charger was in the box, how do I delete my Sony account ?
Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

@92
Good for you. What Samsung did you get?
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

@92 wrote:
I've got rid of my XZ now, worst Sony phone I've had, got a Samsung instead and a quick charger was in the box, how do I delete my Sony account ?

Generally you just stop posting and it becomes dormant, why the need to delete something that won't be used and has no bearing on life going forward?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

@isbesheer wrote:

The charger which came in the box with my phone is a UCH20, is that normal or should I be getting the UCH12 charger in the box. I bought the phone from Sony's certified agent in my country. I need to know if that's normal not to receive the fast charger in the box or have they robbed me.

what market version did you buy? Did you buy it from a retailer, or third party? What does the top of your charger looks like?

The one that came with the one I bought looks exactly like this

https://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/accessories/quick-charger-uch12/