account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ No ringing tone, no alarm

Message 11 of 44
Message 11 of 44

no ring tone no voice

Hi, I have just bought a Xperia XZ 20 days ago. My issue is sometimes my phone lost the sound of ringing tone, no ringing tone when others call me, no alarm sound, no sound when I want to change ringing tone but when I play music app, the sound still work. Restarting phone, factory reset and  repairing OS by Xperia Companion does not help. Phone only works well right after that but after half day or more, the issue will happens again. As my investigation, the root cause is because default Sound Picker app is not responding. Please help!!!  i Was added last updated Android with factory set

Adviser
Message 12 of 44
Message 12 of 44

Re: Many crashes after update

@yassernabieh1 wrote:

hi now my phone is updated but i see more problem such as crashed in some programes the voice stop evrey 24 hours and shoud be restart, non responding in play store and strange mistakes

yeah, when this issue happens, there are some others too. Phone is very laggy, opening Camera will say Camera is being used by another program but even I cleared all apps on memory, it stil does not change.

Message 13 of 44
Message 13 of 44

Re: Xperia XZ No ringing tone, no alarm

I'll keep my eye out on my unit for this as I believe it did it once but not 100%

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 44
Message 14 of 44

@phucvm Would it be possible for you to take a bug report next time you notice this and send it to me?

To do this:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number.
  2. Go back and select Developer options then turn on "USB debugging".
  3. Select Logger buffer size and change it to "4 M"
  4. When this happens again, go back to Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report".

When the report is ready you will receive a notification. Tap the notification to share it. I suggest you upload it to Google Drive and then choose to share a public link to the upload and include the link in the PM.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 15 of 44
Message 15 of 44

Hi, after the captured report was ready, I touch the notification to share it and it does nothing. I mean it should show a sharing dialog with options for me to choose but it does not. Are there other ways to get the bug report?
One time poster
Message 16 of 44
Message 16 of 44

XZ is no sound effects.

Last night I in the use of XZ, are still normal, but I use this morning, all the sound effects stopped, switch machine is not valid. Could you tell me anyone ever have the same question?
Emperor
Message 17 of 44
Message 17 of 44

Re: XZ is no sound effects.

@Chia-Ni

Which sound effects are you referring to?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 18 of 44
Message 18 of 44

@Christofer wrote:

@phucvm Would it be possible for you to take a bug report next time you notice this and send it to me?

To do this:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number.
  2. Go back and select Developer options then turn on "USB debugging".
  3. Select Logger buffer size and change it to "4 M"
  4. When this happens again, go back to Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report".

When the report is ready you will receive a notification. Tap the notification to share it. I suggest you upload it to Google Drive and then choose to share a public link to the upload and include the link in the PM.

@Christofer I sent you Bug Report via message, pls check. Thanks Grinning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 44
Message 19 of 44

@phucvm Thank you! I will forward it internally for investigation and will let you know here as soon as I know something new.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 20 of 44
Message 20 of 44

Hi I'm a new xperia xz user and also new for Android before I was using ios. I have the same problem today I restart my phone two times because of this. I do not receive any warning just phone goes slient mode.  Even ring tones on the list are not working. By the way I have android 7