account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ restarts continuously

Apprentice
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

XZ restarts continuously

What to do if my brand new XZ keeps restarting by it self every 5-10 minutes?
19 REPLIES 19
Adviser
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: XZ restarts continuously

Try software repair on your computer. Xc program
Turn off your phone and press the volume down key and hold it, then put your usb cable
Genius
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Hi @Kredenn,

Sorry to hear about your phone.

I can understand that this can be quite an annoyance. There are a few things we can try to sort this out. As @Samooorje, a software repair using Xperia Companion is one option but considering that will reset your phone I'd recommend it as a last option.

If the phone keeps rebooting that often, can you try (temporarily) removing your SIM- and/or SD-card followed by booting your phone. Are the restarts still occurring?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

I have now tried removing the sim and sd card, but it's only a couple of minutes ago, so now I'll just wait and see.

But when I remowed the cards the phone didn't reboot.
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

Is the sim a cut down larger sim or did it come originally nano

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

It is originally nano, and I haven't had any problems with my phone since I removed my sim and sd card and restarted, so it seemed to work.
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

You can try getting a replacement sim from your network. It may be faulty sim card

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

I forgot to mention, that I inserted the cards again, and now it works just fine. And now 2 hours has gone by, and no problems since.
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

Excellent news,
Enjoy your XZ

Apprentice
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Yeah, now I can enjoy the phone. Thx for the help