account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ high RAM consumption after last system update

Sage
Message 31 of 38
Message 31 of 38

Re: XZ high RAM consumption after last system update

@Jonyny wrote:

I read this Japanese article and it seems the issue is happening Z5 series, X Performance and XZ, and it's caused by some glitch related to Google assistant which became available several weeks ago.

http://sumahoinfo.com/post-16596

Thanks for sharing that article... That appears to be the issue... 

I started getting worse and worse performance to the point of needing to rebook twice or thrice a day and today I came upon your comment, so I translated and read the article...

After turning Google Now and Assistant off and switching my Feed off (sadly, because I actually love using it)... it has performed a LOT better... it remains with relatively low RAM usage.

I would consider this to be the current solution to this, and similar threads were I have also complained.... so it appears to be a mix of Google-Sony's fault.

TLDR: Turn off Google Now, Assistant and Feed.

Apprentice
Message 32 of 38
Message 32 of 38

Recently, couple of days back there was a new system upgrade and was too excited to install thinking it would solve the issue of high RAM usage by system files, but was a disappointment to know that situation didnt improve.

Need to get resolution to this at the earliest. Not worthing investing so much money for this phone.

Apprentice
Message 33 of 38
Message 33 of 38

Thanks. i will trying the Safe mode and post the findings.

Sage
Message 34 of 38
Message 34 of 38

@Chinda wrote:

Thanks. i will trying the Safe mode and post the findings.

Chinda, please take a look at my previous post...

The current solution seems to be turning off Google Now Feed and Google Assistant features...

I did so yesterday after reading a post about it and my phone has work flawlessly ever since....  No RAM consumption from "Android OS" or "System" anymore...

It is a sad solution since Google Now feeds is actually very useful for me... but I can live without it until a permanent fix is found.

Rookie
Message 35 of 38
Message 35 of 38

Regarding battery draining and ram consuming

Hello, I am using xperia xz. Since a week I am facing excessive ram usage by the mobile and the mobile battery is draining out very fast. Currently I am using the firmeare version 41.2.A . 7. 35

Is there anyone who is facing the same issue?? 

One time poster
Message 36 of 38
Message 36 of 38

Lagging and Reboot

I am really disappointed, see many customers complaining about this problem. There must be a way for Sony to fix this problem with a new software, I need to reboot my 2 month old XZ at least once a day, sometimes as much as three times. And I do not use my phone so often .... Miss my HTC,

Apprentice
Message 37 of 38
Message 37 of 38

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. i have Google Now always in disable mode. How to disable the Google Assistant.

Learner
Message 38 of 38
Message 38 of 38

Thinking of getting a non Sony phone