account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ high RAM consumption after last system update

Sage
Message 11 of 38
Message 11 of 38

Re: XZ high RAM consumption after last system update

Just to show you a comparisson...

This is the RAM consumption of my wife's Xperia X with the latest 7.1.1 update... after 74 hours of use without restarting.

Screenshot_20170708-143734.png

So if the Xperia X with a SD 650 and the same 3GB of total RAM is outperforming my XZ, it really says something to hardcore users....

Please Sony fix this RAM leakage.

My wife enjoy's her Xperia X and doesn't face these issues even with lots of Social Network apps and always-running services.

On the other hand I tend to have less social apps and usually delete redundancy... but I do have lots of games, which aren't always-running... so my daily performance should be better.

Commissioner
Message 12 of 38
Message 12 of 38

Re: Xperia XZ's system RAM consumption are high! Causing massive lag

I got the same problem recently, the phone overhears and reason was, low memory. I want to upload my screenshot of 2.5gb memory consumption, but prevented as the xz phone hangs. What can you suggest to reduce if not stop the problem. I already uninstalled power drain apps like Facebook. Used only the web version of It as well as Instagram and LinkedIn.. 

One time poster
Message 13 of 38
Message 13 of 38

Same issue here. Facing this issue since last update. Need to restart thrice a day. Informed Sony care. Hope there is an update soon. Cannot operate phone this way! 

One time poster
Message 14 of 38
Message 14 of 38

Facing the same issue here. Makes the phone totally unusable as the Android system itself takes upto 1.6gb of RAM. I have to restart at least twice everyday to keep it "usable". Without that, just using google maps and spotify makes the phone frozen ! Need a fix ASAP !!!

One time poster
Message 15 of 38
Message 15 of 38

Ram management

High ram use phone is slow after last update

Apprentice
Message 16 of 38
Message 16 of 38

Try turning off Smart Cleaner for the meantime. The lag and heat seems gone for me now.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 38
Message 17 of 38

I too faced the same issue. On contacting the support team, they suggested me to try Software repair. I did that but in vain. 

Need to have resolution to this issue. It becomes challenging to accept calls even. 

Emperor
Message 18 of 38
Message 18 of 38

@Chinda

Do you experience the same on safe mode ? 

boot on safe mode for few hours and check if you expect the same problem. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 38
Message 19 of 38

Guys having the ram issue plz try the following.. Turn of Smartcleaner and Batter Care and restart the phone... Reply if it did anything... 

One time poster
Message 20 of 38
Message 20 of 38

Add another to the growing list of people who are seeing their RAM get chewed up by an ever hungry Android OS.