account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ NOUGAT CAMERA problem, other app use a camera?

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

XZ NOUGAT CAMERA problem, other app use a camera?

Hello!

Today i upgrade my XZ to nougat. Now i have a huge problem, my camera app wont work. Everytime when i try to use it, it`s told me there is a other app using camera, but in fact there is no app what use camera. I try to reflashing by xperia companion to do a clean installation but it still didnt work and message is same "other app use a camera", even when i reboot my phone.

Sorry 4 bad english.

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: XZ NOUGAT CAMERA problem, other app use a camera?

Hi @Anterr,

Welcome to the community,

I am sorry to hear about this issue, it does seem rather odd. When you performed the software repair on the handset did you immediately restore a backup to the device or did you try the camera straight after the re-install?

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

i have same problem, why its come, phone is new!

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@alalalal try opening Google app and open its settings > Voice > 'OK Google' detection > disable 'Say "OK Google" any time'. does it make the camera work?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Why is this still being ignored?! This is caused by the AUDIO FAILING

Don't expect a fix, Sony have been ignoring this issue for almost a year and pass it off as hardware faults even though reverting back to Android 6.0 fixes the fault.