account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Apprentice
Message 41 of 261
Message 41 of 261

On the Xperia XZ lag, battery drain, etc...

I think the response we, XZ customers want to have is that our issue is being addressed and not a lazy CSR default answers "boot it in safe mode" and "try software repair tool." Which honestly, don't obviously work. We can't have this phone in safe mode until the issue is resolved. Otherwise, we should have got ourselves a feature phone instead of this.

C'mon Sony, we are your dedicated followers. We love your products and we might still be getting the next Xperia phone after this. We deserve better.

Are you guys waiting for media to pickup on this?

Please, Sony, you can do better than that.

Inhabitant
Message 42 of 261
Message 42 of 261

Re: On the Xperia XZ lag, battery drain, etc...

Sony has been ignoring us for like 2 months or more

Am starting a hashtag on twitter and FB

One time poster
Message 43 of 261
Message 43 of 261

its my first bad experience with xperia , i am using xperia since xperia SL , then Z2 now unfortunately i am using Xperia XZ , its so laggy so slow Nougat 7 seems disgusting software , even i dont like the material of xz , color is started to be scratchy , so bad material and i am facing a lot of problems with my XZ 64 i did everything (factory Default ) now my phone has nothing ( no application , no data ) and also still laggy without any reasnable reason , Ram Usage is 2.7 from 3 without using anything what kind of software of that !!!!!!!! , it takes more Ram usage than windows of computers, please u must fix this, i am suffering using my phone , Marchamellow was much better than Nougat on xperia , you are repeating the same mistakes as( Jealy bean ) it was so bad software also , please tell me what to do i hate xz i am suffering while i am using it 

Learner
Message 44 of 261
Message 44 of 261

Try to disable Lifelog. 

Settings > Apps > Lifelog > Disable

Learner
Message 45 of 261
Message 45 of 261

@Os88 wrote:

its my first bad experience with xperia , i am using xperia since xperia SL , then Z2 now unfortunately i am using Xperia XZ , its so laggy so slow Nougat 7 seems disgusting software , even i dont like the material of xz , color is started to be scratchy , so bad material and i am facing a lot of problems with my XZ 64 i did everything (factory Default ) now my phone has nothing ( no application , no data ) and also still laggy without any reasnable reason , Ram Usage is 2.7 from 3 without using anything what kind of software of that !!!!!!!! , it takes more Ram usage than windows of computers, please u must fix this, i am suffering using my phone , Marchamellow was much better than Nougat on xperia , you are repeating the same mistakes as( Jealy bean ) it was so bad software also , please tell me what to do i hate xz i am suffering while i am using it 

Just received and installed the new update... Everything seems running normally and without any lag so far.. I'll wait a few more days to see if the issue comes back.. So far I see it has fixed the issue and the phone is up to sony quality once again!! 

Talent
Message 46 of 261
Message 46 of 261

I'm telling everyone this.. If you have facebook messenger installed then remove it.. it's the culprit for 90% of the lag .. 

Try it n see for yourself... You can download Messenger lite instead 

One time poster
Message 47 of 261
Message 47 of 261

So frustrating!! I had the Xperia Z2 and it was pretty much the best phone ive ever had, never had an issue with it in 3 years apart from the battery going towards the end, pretty much what you expect from any phone, never had anything but issues with the XZ though, the lagging is absolutley ridiculous surely Sony can do something that will stop these '3rd party' apps to cause so much lag? I seem to have noticed this since an update a couple of weeks back, I didnt initially get the issue when uprading to Nougat. 

Inhabitant
Message 48 of 261
Message 48 of 261

I can't believe I haven't thrown this in the bin. I'm working on a video of how disgustingly horrible this phone is with this update, even after factory resetting it and trying in safe mode. 

We have not heard from Sony on this, not even a courtesy message. We need to go public.

i can't even get any support for my phone because I bought it in Singapore airport and not one sony rep over the phone has helped me get in contact with them. They just fob me off and tell me to look on the website for their contact details.

I want to return this phone for a full refund!

Inhabitant
Message 49 of 261
Message 49 of 261

Am totally with U

Sony font give a F

I'll try make a video too

Adviser
Message 50 of 261
Message 50 of 261

@100sailo wrote:

I'm telling everyone this.. If you have facebook messenger installed then remove it.. it's the culprit for 90% of the lag .. 

Try it n see for yourself... You can download Messenger lite instead 

@100sailo

I didn't have messenger installed when my device started lagging, just Facebook and Pokemon Go. But I might give this a try instead of the regular Messenger.