account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

One time poster
Message 251 of 261
Message 251 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

Add me to the list, it goes from being crazy fast to unbearably slow and the lagging/the app has frozen do you want to wait messages are constant. Such a shame because his is the only Android compact phone on the market!

Learner
Message 252 of 261
Message 252 of 261

Anyone can provide me a solution  I just bough sony xz and it super lagging. Play mobile legend can lag!! Omg please assist. Super disappointed with sony brand.

Please help meeeee. I almost throw my due to this issue. 

Learner
Message 253 of 261
Message 253 of 261

Why do/did you update the phone since Oreo seems to be too much for it? I bought mine 16 months ago. NEVER updated it. With normal use (no games at all, I have a 17" laptop connected to a 48" TV for that), I get 2-4 days with a full charge. Everything runs smoothly.

Screenshot_20181129-223731.png

Enthusiast
Message 254 of 261
Message 254 of 261

Re: ...

a. they were not prophetic; and

b. they were reasonably entitled to the security updates, and the continued android support for the first two-year window?

Learner
Message 255 of 261
Message 255 of 261

A) And i was...?

B) Who said that updates are always for the best...?

I concider myself an internet guru. I'm web-surfing 6 - 8 hours / day for the past sixteen years. Before i buy the Xperia XZ, i was reading this (& some others) forum 2-3 hours / day. And i chose NOT to update the phone because a lot of problems came with almost every one of them (Nougat & then Oreo). I think i'm enjoying my XZ more than most of you. No problems AT ALL.

Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 256 of 261
Message 256 of 261

Same here , the phone is lagging like a 6 year old phone. Occasional freeze. What’s wrong Sony? 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 257 of 261
Message 257 of 261

Flash it using the flash tool

Have done it to mine

Central Europe 6.0.1

One time poster
Message 258 of 261
Message 258 of 261

I regereted for sure, also had the Z2, it was perfect and supperior in any mean to the XZ. With the Nougat update the phone started to be a bit laggy - hoped that the Oreo will fix it.

LOL with the Oreo it feels like I'm using a 2 core Mediatek crap and not a flagship SONY, its a shame.

The SD820 was advertized that gives twice the performance over the SD810, well NOT in this handset running Oreo. As other users said the good old Z2 under a doubleload was perfoming way better and smoother. The Z2 I did not had to restart for weeks, this crap I'm restarting at least twice a day.

The next hand set will deffinitally won't be SONY and I was a true SONY fanatic - my verry first handset was the Sony-Erricson K810 Cybershot and I stayed wtih the brand ever since (I'm still using  the SE W910 as a walkman :-) )

One time poster
Message 259 of 261
Message 259 of 261

use cpu thortling for fix device became overheat, that all because andreno 530,play high graphic game try andreno half hloat hack ( only rooted devices)  gl tools installed on xda .note never try if u are normal user just got cpu thorthling for daily use. manage when ur cpu core 3 and 4 to sleep for minimize power consumpstion

Inhabitant
Message 260 of 261
Message 260 of 261

my best idea was to change from sony xperia xz to huawri p30 pro. the support of sony is more than bad!

here on my huawei is no lagging any more and the quality is beter than sony. my resume, never ever sony again!