account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Talent
Message 201 of 261
Message 201 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

Use it on marshmallow until you get the August patch... Marshmallow was much smoother then nougat on xz till August patch

Apprentice
Message 202 of 261
Message 202 of 261

What version is the August Patch?

Learner
Message 203 of 261
Message 203 of 261

I received an update and everything is finally working smoothly... expect for my texting app. I can check the overview of all SMS without any problems but whenever I click on a conversation, the screen freezes. :l

Apprentice
Message 204 of 261
Message 204 of 261

My screen freezes too. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :-D Thinking about Textra...

And will be anticipating the update... Nothing here still (Europe - Czech Republic)

Regular
Message 205 of 261
Message 205 of 261

2 more days to September ... I still yet to get that so "Call" August Patch......

Apprentice
Message 206 of 261
Message 206 of 261

So I got my update (41.2.A.7.53) 12 hours ago.
First impressions - it's faster. But only time will tell. I don't have any hopes up...

Inhabitant
Message 207 of 261
Message 207 of 261

Hello, guys!

I got my XZ back from service last week, and as I could expect, "no fault found". BUT, for some strange reason, it came back with an old sw version (6.0.1 / build 39.0.A.1.213. One year old. In my phone sw updater it says that this is the newest one. I asked them, and they said it was the latest update that they uptained in the update system. Also at support.sonymobile.com/update it says the same build number, but it says Nougat... I think that's just som forgetting...

Anyway, it works, as expected, smoother than 7.1.1, but I experienced some lagging issues the other day after leaving my phone in the sun. So, the lagging starts for sure when the phone heats up. Other wise it's smooth. I miss some of the Nougat changes thus, but not the lagging issues.

Another thing I checked is that the use of memory on 6.0.1 is between 1,9 - 2,3 GB. On 7.1.1 it was between 2,1 - 2,5 GB. With apps like camera, FB and Messenger it could kill your phone. 

Learner
Message 208 of 261
Message 208 of 261

xz software update

Since the 7.1.1 software update my beug applications how is this done?

One time poster
Message 209 of 261
Message 209 of 261

how do i get a refund on this phone as it is not what it was advertised. very slow, I followed every proceedure in this forum and still slow. 

considering consumer rights are most definately relavent for your company . i want to return the product as i paid 3288hkd for it. less then 3 months ago, and this problem started on the 13th day I had the phone, (the day you updated the os)

And if a phone is only three months old and i have to take to a service repair center here in mong kok, who is going to pay for my journey there? who is going to pay for my time and effort to get there?

how will my business run whislt i dont have a phone because its in repair. who will pay for my loss of clients?

I went back into Fortress where i bought the phone on the 15th day and they couldnt understand why. I am not doing crazy things on this phone i installed only 2 games word cookies and polytopia,

I catch the train from tsing yi to central with a full battery, played word cookies till central station came out of the station, opened my camera.. 'some functions are dissabled because over heating' and the phones down to 55% battery

can you tell me you cant handle a few apps on the phone?

in storage and memory settings  its the system that takes up all the memory.

I believe I have suffered long enough. I want to return the phone and i'll buy a different phone from a different company.

I am certain consumer rights allows me this. 

Regular
Message 210 of 261
Message 210 of 261

@Dervish wrote:

how do i get a refund on this phone as it is not what it was advertised. very slow, I followed every proceedure in this forum and still slow. 

considering consumer rights are most definately relavent for your company . i want to return the product as i paid 3288hkd for it. less then 3 months ago, and this problem started on the 13th day I had the phone, (the day you updated the os)

And if a phone is only three months old and i have to take to a service repair center here in mong kok, who is going to pay for my journey there? who is going to pay for my time and effort to get there?

how will my business run whislt i dont have a phone because its in repair. who will pay for my loss of clients?

I went back into Fortress where i bought the phone on the 15th day and they couldnt understand why. I am not doing crazy things on this phone i installed only 2 games word cookies and polytopia,

I catch the train from tsing yi to central with a full battery, played word cookies till central station came out of the station, opened my camera.. 'some functions are dissabled because over heating' and the phones down to 55% battery

can you tell me you cant handle a few apps on the phone?

in storage and memory settings  its the system that takes up all the memory.

I believe I have suffered long enough. I want to return the phone and i'll buy a different phone from a different company.

I am certain consumer rights allows me this. 

Totally feel you! The only thing in this forum able to provide was.. wait for the August security patch! Its already September! Been suffering for months and nothing was done! And they can still marked the issue as SOLVED! Whenever I need to use the phone for some urgent work... IT HANG!!! I GOT TO RESTART THE PHONE!