account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

One time poster
Message 111 of 261
Message 111 of 261

Re: Xperia Xz = crashing, lagging, not responding & resetting

Hi, I too had similar freezing issues with my XZ home page, very slow Google search, battery draining, etc... I resolved all those issues by disabling "Smart Lock" *under  "Lock Screen & Security" settings. Previously I've configured Smart Lock to automatically keep unlock while I'm at home. It worked few days well but stopped all of sudden and phone started freezing and crashing. Could be my mobile security app and Smart Lock  do not like each other, or something else. 

Message 112 of 261
Message 112 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

I tried everything even using factory reset and no result still lagging and when i removed my sd card the lag ends and the phone become so smooth again 

Regular
Message 113 of 261
Message 113 of 261

I'm using XZ F8332 dual sim ver.

Uninstalling facebook really helps me, because every time i start my phone with facebook app in it, there's something crashes called 'Sony erricson rc handler' or something like that. 

Uninstalling facebook clear the problem for laggy and unresponsive device. 

Maybe that's only my issue, hope that'll help.

Regular
Message 114 of 261
Message 114 of 261

I uninstall the facebook app . Ram usage is still high at 90% but it is not laggy anymore.

One time poster
Message 115 of 261
Message 115 of 261

Re: Xperia Xz = crashing, lagging, not responding & resetting

I agree it is happening since a latest software upgrade.. I also tried a lot but every now and then I have to switch off the phone and restart.. Really annoying.. Very disappointed.. 

😠😠

Rookie
Message 116 of 261
Message 116 of 261

@Quester wrote:

Some users out there reported that disabling "Movie Creator" app will free you some considerable RAM, do this from Settings -> Apps -> Movie Creator -> Disable -> Restart your phone.

Some others linked it to Google Feed on all 7.1.1 devices, you can disable that from Settings -> Google -> Search -> Your feed -> Feed -> Disable -> Restart your phone.

Both these suggestions are user workarounds, try them out and test for the outcome until it will be addressed officially by either Sony or Google.

I switched off the feed, which worked improved things for a while. Phone is seriously lagging now. I'll try killing the movie maker too. Really feels like head in the sand stuff from Sony. PLEASE roll back the update until you can fix this. 

Inhabitant
Message 117 of 261
Message 117 of 261

4k addin in the camera  app does not work too  since the update, camera stop. working because overheat! ingress playing unpossible too. sony pls do your work and fix all the probs soon. 

One time poster
Message 118 of 261
Message 118 of 261

Hi mate,

My partner bought hers 3 months ago and now not only it have been showing similar symptoms like yours, her phone battery now just gets drained even though she have not used it (she tested it by fully charging it and left it alone) came back and it was 25% battery remaining.

There are times where she can't even answer calls!

She has the dual sim model and have only used it as a single sim and nil memory card... so we have no idea. For a flagship model phone to be behaving this way, I'll be contacting the Sony's warranty department and officilly logging a complaint with local consumer body.

One time poster
Message 119 of 261
Message 119 of 261

I bought Xperial XZ in Apr17. In Jul17, the battery power drained fast and the system slow down the process. Reset the system to factory setting, losing all my contact. After resetting, some time still lagging. Need to restart the whole system. What is the problem? I was using Xperial Z3 previously,i don't encountered this type of problem. Please fix the problem.

Learner
Message 120 of 261
Message 120 of 261

It's the SwiftKey app. I have an F8332 dual sim and have had all the problems described by others since the 7.1.1 update, 2-3 weeks ago, which is the first time I saw this app. 

I read somewhere that it was a problem (I thought here but cannot find it so apologies if I'm stealing someone else's glory) and have tested it today. 

Go to SwiftKey in apps, force stop it. Turn off all app permissions. Sign out. Restart phone. Don't create an account or sign back in. 

I did this yesterday and my phone has behaved completely normally all day with good battery life. Ram is running at 1.9 to 2.1 but releases itself at around 2.15GB and everything is snappy again.