account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 261
Message 1 of 261

XZ Lagging a lot

I just Bought Xperia XZ 2 monthes now (or Less), its lagging a lot
force closing apps alot

and the most significant thing is, when i receive a call, the phone keeps ringing for like 5 sec. until it wakes up and give the callers ID, sometimes it gives only number (saved contact) and after 1 sec it gives the caller ID

260 REPLIES 260
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 261
Message 2 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

Hi @KHashaBA,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your handset. 

Can you test the phone in safe mode and see if you have the same problem?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 261
Message 3 of 261

I find that I have to reboot my XZ quite a bit, at least three times a week because it starts to lag and play up. After a reboot it zips along again until the next time. The culprit always seems to be an app, usually Facebook. The app will freeze, it will take repeated attempts to close and afterwards the entire o/s will be slow & glitchy. I clear the cache weekly too but I'm not sure what effect that has. After a cache clearing and reboot the phone zips along for a few days.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 261
Message 4 of 261

Well i do the same as U do ... but this is not a solution ... cant' keep rebooting it for the sake of working well, plus rebooting it makes the device super Hot and loses like 5% of the battery at once

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 261
Message 5 of 261

i will try it and give u my feedback

One time poster
Message 6 of 261
Message 6 of 261

latest update causing lots of lag!!! 

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 261
Message 7 of 261

well i tried the safe mood and it was smooth, but its not an option to live with
i returned to normal mood, and worked acceptablly (not the best) for like 2 days

and then lagged again and again and more than ever
now the Phone rings when someone calls, and the screen stays dark and dont wake up for like 10 seconds ... and sometimes Never wakes up

i removed some Apps, but also i had Xperia Z2 before this, and it had double number of apps
and was working properly and more than amazing for like 3 years

am i gonna regret changing to the XZ ?!!

Learner
Message 8 of 261
Message 8 of 261

I have the lag issue as well with my dual sim version of XZ.

In the beginning I saw that it is lagging with heavy games... so I uninstalled them as a solution.. not the best but I didnt want to bother my self that much.

After that I got really bothered. The phone lags... also more obvious when it comes to using and switching between multiple applications (for example, using google maps and getting a call at the same time after some minutes of using the GPS... I notice that openning the call is very slow... getting back to GPS again is very very slow... and if I want to open whatsapp at same time to check some message the phone gets like dying)...

This is not an acceptable performance from such a phone that was advertised alot... I am not sure it is related to the Nougat update or no... but we need a solution

Adviser
Message 9 of 261
Message 9 of 261

Yes I too have this lagging problem, which does seem to have gotten worse since latest software update. I tried uninstalling all widgets but still not much improvement. With this problem and the LDAC problem it seems this phone is a dud!

come on Sony...sort it out!

Commissioner
Message 10 of 261
Message 10 of 261

You guys should reinstall Marshamallow. My XZ flies like a flagship should. Nougat is not only bugridden from the start, SONY haven't optimised it either and it is more system-intensive than Marshamallow. It is designed for the faster processors and it also uses more RAM. Why bother with it??