account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Inhabitant
Message 211 of 258
Message 211 of 258

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

This phone is absolutely disgusting now, I also demand a refund from Singapore Sony store (they have never once replied to my support emails! Since these issues started in July not once! And australian sony support refuses to help me!)

I cannot sms anymore, every time you open sms messages it freezes the entire phone until the app crashes....yet in the diagnostics menu - apparently nothing's ever crashed since I've owned the phone! No memory hangs either!

everything freezes, google home will respond to my "Okay Google" after 30 seconds some times.

Sony you have absolutely disappointed me - no official statements - no nothing - you don't even read these forums. (Prove me wrong please and prove to me and everyone else here that you actually do something with the information).

Inhabitant
Message 212 of 258
Message 212 of 258

@Saxophonia wrote:

Hello, guys!

I got my XZ back from service last week, and as I could expect, "no fault found". BUT, for some strange reason, it came back with an old sw version (6.0.1 / build 39.0.A.1.213. One year old. In my phone sw updater it says that this is the newest one. I asked them, and they said it was the latest update that they uptained in the update system. Also at support.sonymobile.com/update it says the same build number, but it says Nougat... I think that's just som forgetting...

Anyway, it works, as expected, smoother than 7.1.1, but I experienced some lagging issues the other day after leaving my phone in the sun. So, the lagging starts for sure when the phone heats up. Other wise it's smooth. I miss some of the Nougat changes thus, but not the lagging issues.

Another thing I checked is that the use of memory on 6.0.1 is between 1,9 - 2,3 GB. On 7.1.1 it was between 2,1 - 2,5 GB. With apps like camera, FB and Messenger it could kill your phone. 

Saxophonia thanks for this information! VERY interesting. I don't see why Sony can't give us this same option - a downgrading option! If they can do it, so can we.

Inhabitant
Message 213 of 258
Message 213 of 258

@Quester wrote:

@Whitelion

No need to shout. Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Exactly... WHERE IS THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM SONY!? After 3 months since this bogus system update came out? Not your fault Whitelion but seriously? Why aren't we getting these communications from Sony? What is going on in the company? What is going on internally or in their support centres? This is seriously concerning and deserves a contact to the ACCC 

https : / / www . accc . gov . au /

I suggest all XZ Australian users consider contacting the ACCC with the information from these forums and your personal attempts to get this resolved with support.

Regular
Message 214 of 258
Message 214 of 258

@fluffygutss wrote:

@Quester wrote:

@Whitelion

No need to sh seeout. Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Exactly... WHERE IS THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM SONY!? After 3 months since this bogus system update came out? Not your fault Whitelion but seriously? Why aren't we getting these communications from Sony? What is going on in the company? What is going on internally or in their support centres? This is seriously concerning and deserves a contact to the ACCC 

https : / / www . accc . gov . au /

I suggest all XZ Australian users consider contacting the ACCC with the information from these forums and your personal attempts to get this resolved with support.

I'm a frustrated user and they said I'm shouting..... We tried our best to get help all we got was ... "There was nothing wrong with your phone. You can't fault Sony on use of Third Party software resulting the hang" 

Seriously???? App like Facebook, Messanger, WhatsApp we're essential apps for a SMARTPHONE! For what I get a Smartphone just to make Phone Calls and SMS... Wait... Now we can't even SMS....

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 215 of 258
Message 215 of 258

Well I've not had movie maker enabled, I've had facebook and messenger uninstalled and ended up reinstalling because it made absolutely zero difference.

I've already factory reset the phone and used it with no apps and I still can't record 4k video anymore because it's like playing back something on 64k internet speeds.

This affects Google Home as well. After 20-30 seconds of saying "Okay Google" the page finally opens, lags, freezes and then tries to analyse my 20 seconds of talking! So it spams out "OKAY GOOGLE OKAY GOOGLE OKAY GOOGLE...why the is this not working OKAY GOOGLE oh FINALLY"

Sony companion tool and software repairs were already tried.

and it freezes again.

I'm not wiping my phone agian, I demand a replacement 6.0 phone or an option to downgrade officially or I'm going to the ACCC Consumer protection.

Apprentice
Message 216 of 258
Message 216 of 258

So the newest firmware, I think, broke my device. Stuttering, slowness, can't take more than 3 minutes on 60FPS because "too hot"... My god I'll root it and go for the Android 7.0 or lesser... This is unbelievable. 

Inhabitant
Message 217 of 258
Message 217 of 258

after the update on 41.2.A.7.65 my xperia xz is still lagging! this update brings no fix for alle the probs users displayed here. i was changing from samsung to sony because i had thought, that the updatepolitik is better, but at the moment, i wouldn´t buy an sony mobile again, because the support doesn´t show any reactions to the probs of the users here.

1.) wlan access is very tricky, at the most most off the time the failure "password is wrong" is on the display!
2.) the handy overheats at most apps (the sony own too)!

3.) com.sonymobile.crashmonitor.system crashes at startup!

4.) com.sonymobile.rcahandler crashes at startup!
5.) handy overheats by using the cam afterfew pics!

6.) battery drains quickly!

it is the  duty of sony, to wake up and helps the users concretely and not bring out half-hearted updates, which brings no solution!

when there comes no reaction from sony soon, then many user would be change their mobiles to other product. my next mobile maybe would be an huawai!

Learner
Message 218 of 258
Message 218 of 258

Any one know if 41.2.a.7.76 update fix the lag issue?

Adviser
Message 219 of 258
Message 219 of 258

@JerryT wrote:

Any one know if 41.2.a.7.76 update fix the lag issue?

I did this update abt 3 days ago & have yet to encounter lags/overheating. But it took about a week after updates for me to encounter issues.. so I've a few more days to go. 

Adept
Message 220 of 258
Message 220 of 258

I have the last update i and my phone is laggy again