account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Visitor
Message 91 of 258
Message 91 of 258

Re: Xperia Xz = crashing, lagging, not responding & resetting

Sae problem with my xz phone

One time poster
Message 92 of 258
Message 92 of 258

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

I have also experienced a laggy XZ after previous update. I was going to factory reset the phone when the newest update was released earlier this week. After the update the phone was usable again, but yesterday it started lagging again. 

What I saw was that the location icon was flashing when the phone was laggy. My last post on Instagram was a pain to write. Went to turn off the location service and the phone went back to being usable again. 

One time poster
Message 93 of 258
Message 93 of 258

Also experiencing high RAM usage, ridiculous lag, phone running hot, and apps crashing. I have restarted my phone, updated it to the latest update and even reflashed it with Sony's xperia companion (which failed and bricked the phone the first two tries). This sort of thing should be caught in QA, not deployed out for customers to deal with.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 94 of 258
Message 94 of 258

@TheGambi wrote:

After a quick chat with Sony support, they suggested to send my phone to them for repair... For a software issue it seems a bit exaggerated.

Later they confirmed that Sony engineers ar working on the problem and it should be corrected ith the next update. No clues to when that update will come out.

Thanks thegambi, appreciate your update on this. Yeah another forums member said they sent theirs away for repair and it made no difference. Good to know they're actually aware! Would be nice if they communicated with us formally. What on earth is with their support model if they can't even message their users to say "hey guys! We know! We are working on it... Here, have a free something or other". 

After working in service desk for 7 years, I couldn't imagine this low quality service. I rang up the other day and they pretty much refused to even point me in the right direction because I bought my XZ in Singapore. I still haven't received a reply email back from them three months later. 

I used to adore this company, I'm furious now. L

Inhabitant
Message 95 of 258
Message 95 of 258

I'm dual sim, not sure if the others are... 

When I get home I'm going to use my old z3, so glad I hadn't got rid of it yet... 

Or... I think I'll consider voiding my warranty and finding whatever replaced Cyanogen as androids ' best solution to no-bloat! 

One time poster
Message 96 of 258
Message 96 of 258

try clearing your ram memory . go to support then tools then facts then see your ram memory and use any cleaning app like ccleaner

One time poster
Message 97 of 258
Message 97 of 258

Tried safe mode, factory reset (as recommended by Sony's help desk in HK and created troubles like the need to re-log in to many apps ).  Problem remain the same.  Very sad that I have no choice but to switch to a new phone soon and may not use Sony again in the future.

Paid so much for a rubbish.

Learner
Message 98 of 258
Message 98 of 258

My one is single SIM. 

I notice one day that for some reason phone get really worm when I was in poor signal zone, and phone was slow. 

I was not able to write any msg - waiting min 1 minute for keyboard to show's up

When switching to main screen apps was just a blank squares 

Turning off process took a while as menu didn't want to show's up. 

Strange thing is that phone was in my pocket for around 3-4 hours in pretty much idle state, no games, music or any other user apps running 

One time poster
Message 99 of 258
Message 99 of 258

Same here. Bought phone last december. Though it never got close to the z3 mini i hab before it worked quite fine until recently. Heats up, battery drains horribly fast an the phone get irresponsive an very laggy. Tried uninstalling some apps i don't use often an reboot multiple times a day. Disappointed spending a lot of bucks on an a class phone and getting that few back. Probably my last sony. 

Inhabitant
Message 100 of 258
Message 100 of 258

I also have that Black wallpaper glitch... But what app is "Google feed"? I have a few Google apps but none of them is called Google feed