account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Enthusiast
Message 81 of 261
Message 81 of 261

Re: My phone was dead slow

try adjusting background processes in the developer options of the settings menu, perhaps shift from standard limit to three 

Learner
Message 82 of 261
Message 82 of 261

Re: My phone was dead slow

I have same problem, after last update phone is slow,only way to keep it running is restarting few times a day,  limit is setup standard. My wife pick her phone from Vodafone store, make all updates and same story. New phone works like old brick. My old z3 is much faster. 

One time poster
Message 83 of 261
Message 83 of 261

Performance and battery life XZ

My phone seems to have suddenly gone horrible wrong.

After a reboot it seems fine for a few hours then suddenly the performance seems to go down. By that I mean slow to load and scroll down web pages, slow to open apps, slow to toggle between apps, and apps start to crash including things like phone. 

The phone then gets very warm and battery life drops quickly. 

I have factory reset the phone twice and reinstalled everything however the same problem remains. 

I have installed advanced task manager and there is no single app that seems to be using loads of memory. 

Looking at battery usage since last charge the biggest users are

Android OS 22%

Phone idle 17%

Google play 15%

Android system 9%

I can even get a day usage out of the phone now. 

If anyone can give me an idea what to do next that would be great. 

Thanks 

Jon

Learner
Message 84 of 261
Message 84 of 261

Worst Performance Ever: lags, overheating

Since 7.1.1 update, I dont believe that this XZ is the Sony phone I used to proud of. I am Xperia user since Xperia Mini, none of them having this bad performance. 

Even my Xperia ZL now is running more smoothly than this thing. I dont know why but Sony is degrading in term of software quality. 

Already tried factory reset, software repair, safe mode with no luck. Also, video recording in 1060p 30fps with Intelligent Active mode is reeeeeaaaallyyy stuttering, something I do not found on my Xperia Z5Compact. 

I am starting to dissapointed after months of suffering from this issues. 

Learner
Message 85 of 261
Message 85 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

Same here, been using since last year December, all still fine, ram usage was huge, once awhile overheat, but NEVER lagging.

But after upgrading to Nougat, it start lagging once awhile. Things turn worst after upgrading to 7.1.1, ram usage still huge, overheat, lagging. Every day I have to reboot and reboot. 

Tried to factory reset, nothing changes. 

Tried to do software repair, no luck at all. 

I also noticed my System UI always not responding. I applied stock theme, the wallpaper turn to black screen now. 

I agree with all members here, Sony must come out with solutions. I'm not 1st time Xperia user too. What happens Sony ? Can we have faith again on you? 

Enthusiast
Message 86 of 261
Message 86 of 261

those who are struggling, are most of you dual sim? 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 87 of 261
Message 87 of 261

Hi guys, 

Try this:

-Disable Google feed

-Disable all Sony apps

-Uninstall Messenger and use Lite version instead.

My XZ has been performing smoother since last 2 days - no reset required, no lag, no black wallpaper.... everything seems ok for now.

1-day average memory use: 2.3GB (84%)

Regular
Message 88 of 261
Message 88 of 261

Hanging and calling problem

This handset have many problems with this software we purchase very expensive handset than and we are face lots of problems in expensive mobile. 

Xperia xz have many software problems major problem is hanging phone using time got hanged any movement. 

Sony, kindly resolve it software problem. 

If you can't do this so your phone is worst phone. 

Inhabitant
Message 89 of 261
Message 89 of 261

Xperia Xz = crashing, lagging, not responding & resetting

As titel says, 

My device worked perfectly but since a few weeks suddenly i have these extreme laggy situations that only go away after a reboot. 

But then after 5 minutes happens again. 

It sometimes even just gives a black screen or its hanging with a few parts visible..... 

Yesterday and today i got important calls but i could not answer them because the device totally crashed.... Had to reboot and call people back... 

Also since this week after a crash my background was erased, phone booted up with a black screen background... I dont even bother setting another one because i can expect it to happen again.. 

WHAT IS GOING ON SONY???? 

I see many people having a laggy xperia last weeks........... But this goes far beyond a lag, this is just making the phone not usable anymore. 

Regular
Message 90 of 261
Message 90 of 261

After a quick chat with Sony support, they suggested to send my phone to them for repair... For a software issue it seems a bit exaggerated.

Later they confirmed that Sony engineers ar working on the problem and it should be corrected ith the next update. No clues to when that update will come out.