account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

One time poster
Message 71 of 261
Message 71 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

I got the same problem with my XZ. It lags . It keeps ringing but the screen is dark and I can't see the Receive button. I can't even use whatsapp or play games properly. It grows so hot that even the camera is disabled and forced closed. It really annoys me!!! Can you guys just do something about it!!? It's my first Sony phone but it can't evenperform the simplest function of a smartphone!!!! 

One time poster
Message 72 of 261
Message 72 of 261

Screenshot_20170720-002300.pngScreenshot_20170720-002330.png

Second week of usage.

Did XC repair, tried safe mode, did everything this guys copy / paste to everyone of us.

This is my phone performance at the moment, I have no accounts open. I had 2.9 GB ram usage and I even deactivated everything I could.

So. Sony:

It´s not a third-party software problem

It's also not a XC repair issue.

Now I've done all this, almost scientifically... Can you please suggest something else?.

That said I need to say this aswell...

You guys put so much effort in launching 2 flagships per year, I used to be a Sony lover, Z3 blew my mind until I really needed to upgrade it, so I went with the highest hype ever to buy this XZ and it has been a free falling to insanity experience.

I don't know what kind of induction and brand love they teach to their developers / customer service... Because I think I'm finally meeting the company behind my Z3 jackpot.. and If this is the after-purchase madness we will have to face, if a standard solution is all you can offer to your loyal, dissapointed customers, about a clearly significant issue... not to mention this thread had no tracking for months... I think this is my second and last Xperia.

Message 73 of 261
Message 73 of 261

Some users out there reported that disabling "Movie Creator" app will free you some considerable RAM, do this from Settings -> Apps -> Movie Creator -> Disable -> Restart your phone.

Some others linked it to Google Feed on all 7.1.1 devices, you can disable that from Settings -> Google -> Search -> Your feed -> Feed -> Disable -> Restart your phone.

Both these suggestions are user workarounds, try them out and test for the outcome until it will be addressed officially by either Sony or Google.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 74 of 261
Message 74 of 261

Just check memory usage... 2.5GB? REALLY? 

Inhabitant
Message 75 of 261
Message 75 of 261

I got an new update today. Build 41.2.A.7.35. Still Android 7.1.1, but hoping...! ☺️ 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 76 of 261
Message 76 of 261

@Saxophonia wrote:

I got an new update today. Build 41.2.A.7.35. Still Android 7.1.1, but hoping...! ☺️ 

I updated a week ago. No improvements. Still very unstable. Have to reset 3,4 times per day. 

Learner
Message 77 of 261
Message 77 of 261

I am chocked from Sony stuff and developers, they are seeing  customers suffer from this bad system Nogut 7, and don't take any actions,

it is very heavy and killing their low 3GB ram, 

Android 6 was best performance ever. 

I am frustrated from Sony. 

Enthusiast
Message 78 of 261
Message 78 of 261

I couldn't even backup my phone datas by connecting it with my computer with the official usb cable!!! The phone laggs a lot.  

Inhabitant
Message 79 of 261
Message 79 of 261

@Duyta wrote:

@Saxophonia wrote:

I updated a week ago. No improvements. Still very unstable. Have to reset 3,4 times per day. 

So far, so good. Only 1,8 GB last 12 hours 80 apps), and 2,1 GB last three hours (51 apps). I'm running all apps mentioned in this feed. 

One time poster
Message 80 of 261
Message 80 of 261

My phone was dead slow

After updating my phone was hanging, and it's allmost dead slow, even know it takes 5min to text this message,I all ready formate my phone it's works perfectly for one hour and again same problem, can any one give me some suggestions