account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Learner
Message 61 of 261
Message 61 of 261

Re: Xperia XZ stuck a lot.

Since the 7.1.1 upgrade, XZ is facing a fatal software issue. Everything was fine until that upgrade came. My unit is also reaching to 2.5 gb ram usage after 4-5 hours from turning on. Before turning off google now, phone was dead, as it was responding to anything after more than 6-7 seconds. 

Sony should send another software update to fix this problem. 

Or they should guide us to downgrade to Nougat 7.0, which was smooth and stable. 

wch
Inhabitant
Message 62 of 261
Message 62 of 261

Re: On the Xperia XZ lag, battery drain, etc...

@wch wrote:

First thing, i login here to tell Sony, i am facing the same issue after Android 7.1

Second, don't tell me to restore my phone. Because it was sent to Sony centre for warranty. The phone was updated and formatted. It was empty phone.

Third, the latest update helps a bit, but performance still lose to Android 7 and before.

Forth, one of the culprits, the google assistance. I turned it off, performance is back, but not good as before.

Fifth, i found system won't release memory after a long time. This probably the main reason

of lagging. Please check with it.

After 1 day of usage, the phone starts to working weird, and lagging. And i check the RAM, and see what i got?

memory.png

Enthusiast
Message 63 of 261
Message 63 of 261

I'm presently restricting myself to three background processes within developer options - it's almost certainly naivity on my part, but I'm getting away with it so far (in fairness, it depends how you use your phone coupled with the fact that 3 GB ram isn't really suited to nougat software)....... 

Adviser
Message 64 of 261
Message 64 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

Need a immediate solution for this now sony, pls instruct wt to do now.?

Apprentice
Message 65 of 261
Message 65 of 261

I had the same problem and using phone in Safe Mode for a day, i havent seen the RAM utilisation exceeding 1.3GB, with typcially being at 1.1GB. Earlier it used to touch 2GB and the phone almost would drag, even difficult accepting calls.

Talent
Message 66 of 261
Message 66 of 261

Experiencing the same ... Have done a factory reset but that didn't help.

My phone lags really badly at times when i unlock it after i wake up .. the only thing that helps is a reboot which is a shame as Android has come a long way n is really smooth now ... Sony needs to work on it really

Highlighted
Regular
Message 67 of 261
Message 67 of 261

I am having the same issues. This is really frustrating. XZ was supposed to be a Sony flagship phone but now it is a real pain for me. I will never buy any Sony phone again!!!!!!!!!!!

Inhabitant
Message 68 of 261
Message 68 of 261

@Kadman wrote:

Try to disable Lifelog. 

Settings > Apps > Lifelog > Disable

Can't find it. 

Inhabitant
Message 69 of 261
Message 69 of 261

@DanielR wrote:

Interesting! I use a Sony Xperia Z5 with android version 7.1.1 just updated and is working very smooth!  I intend to buy a XZ Premium and i hope that it will be OK and smooth like this one...

Don't!!! 😱

Inhabitant
Message 70 of 261
Message 70 of 261

I'm been reading all posts regarding this issue, and weeping. This is terrible! I've had Sony Xperia Z1, Z2 and Z3, and XZ since October. I had some trouble with Z3 when the battery suddenly started to fail, and had to be replaced. Already then I saw the contour of a failure. Either way, I gave Sony a new chance and bought the XZ. This has worked good, but after a while, a few upgrades ago, probably the 7.0, it started to lag. Especially when using the camera. I thought it was the external memory, so I replaced it, but no. The plan was to send it in for repair, thus I thought it was some fault with the hardware. Now I understand it probably isn't. This will be my last Sony. My trust in the company has failed. I'm sorry to see that the same thing happened to Ericsson and Motorola is happening to Sony. Samsung had a failure, but did the right thing. It cost them, but not their supporters. FIX IT, SONY!!!