account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XPERIA system update could not install!

Regular
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: XPERIA system update could not install!

@dvvdp wrote:

Hai All sony guys....what you have to do is to connect your mobile to laptop ...then connect to laptop and update via sony xperia companion... i have done this in the same manner now m version is updated 7....it's awesome to see the feature in my mobiles...so go ahead ....good luck

hmm, no. Not in my case anyway, as it fails using either method for this build, 41.2.A.7.8 on my F8332. 

All the Companion program does is download the update package locally to one's computer and then pushes it to the phone, the update procedure then goes like usual for Android.

Past updates have gone fine. For some reason this one isn't working. I'll likely have to use Flashtool to install it or just wait until the next one and see if it's any more succesful.

Rookie
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

I have tried "software repair" from Xperia companion  program and it has worked out the problem and the same issue you are describing has been solved and the latest update (Android 7.1.1. security patch 1 June 2017) has been installed for my Xperia X.

Visitor
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

help??
One time poster
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

so noreply?
i have similliar prob. connect my device to companion then press software update that avalible. i presss download but nothing happened, nothing downloaded. it say to me to wait for the download. but no download bar show up. feels like nothing

i need to update to 7.1.1 from 7.0

Rookie
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Maybe your device is not eligible for this update. In this case xperia companion will notify you that you have the latest version. If your phone is unstable or does not work properly you can try "software repair"  from xperia companion it will format the device and reinstall the latest software version for your device. 

Apprentice
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

Xperia Companion was my only way to do that....try to do at your PC... Have fun!

Visitor
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

software update

I m not getting software update after factory reset, when update by pc after download I could not install, getting some error

One time poster
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

My phone says Software update failed and is not even staring now when i tried repair option.

Learner
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

I have the same problem. I even called Sony and they told me to talk with the seller. I think they sold me a flashed sony with android 6 and I can not take an update. The phone tells me that I have an update and even download 1.3 gigs of information but when restart it tells me that could not install. X Compan doesn't find any update. My phone is not rooted, I am frustrated, I like sony products but in this case, they fail. I still think Xperia is the best phone on the market but..... 

Rookie
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

Sometimes software repair fails at the first time, but don't worry you can try again the software repair, but be sure there is no problem in the internet connection, USB cable and phone must be charged for at least 80 % before you start the software repair.