account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XPERIA system update could not install!

Apprentice
Message 1 of 32
Message 1 of 32

XPERIA system update could not install!

The app show me that device found a system update! But when you get to update the phone restart and 2 minutes later show this message " Xperia system update could not install, please try again", what is it?
31 REPLIES 31
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 32
Message 2 of 32

Re: XPERIA system update could not install!

Hi @JAugust,

Welcome to the community,

In this case, it may be better to run the update through Xperia Companion, running the software update via Xperia Companion is the best way to update a device as it is a direct connection rather than wireless.

Xperia Companion

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 32
Message 3 of 32

Tried the OTA and the pc companion methods, problem remains the same. Phone restarts without installing the update (like a normal restart) and gives a notification that update could not be installed. Also tried to clear the cache of the software update of my phone without success.
Phone: sony xperia x (already running nougat)
Please help, any suggestions?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 32
Message 4 of 32

Did you unlock your bootloader?or you can use flash tool to flash your firmware..
Learner
Message 5 of 32
Message 5 of 32

What do you mean unlock my bootloader? Never locked it.
Learner
Message 6 of 32
Message 6 of 32

Phone is not rooted.
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 32
Message 7 of 32

Tried xperia companion repair, it should work..or use flash tool to flash the firmware then..
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 32
Message 8 of 32

Try this this solution solved my problem :

You can try clearing data for the Software Update app through Settings > Apps > [menu] > Show system > Software Update > Storage > Clear data. Reboot your device after this and it will search for new updates again and notify you when you can try to update again.
Learner
Message 9 of 32
Message 9 of 32

Sony released today an update for the update center, once installed the phone was able to upgrade to the latest rom without problems. Thank you Sony!
One time poster
Message 10 of 32
Message 10 of 32

I wanna to upgrade my experia m5. I was try to upgrade but i wasn't get it.
How can i do it easily.