account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't install update

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 51 of 58
Message 51 of 58

Re: Won't install update

I have tried to install the update through WiFi and companion but it still doesn't work.

I have factory reset my phone and still it doesn't update.

I have tried repair using the companion app and still it doesn't work.

I have now given up. I have had this phone for 13 months so I think a new Samsung will be obtained before my Sony updates. 

One time poster
Message 52 of 58
Message 52 of 58

HI Christofer, I belive I'm having the same issue with my phone not being able to update, I've tried contacting Sony and chatting with a representative but I get know where and get sent an email with a bunch of steps on how to download an update all of which I have already done, any way to get in contact with you or a person with a little more incite on the issue and how to resolve it through a special update. Thanks

One time poster
Message 53 of 58
Message 53 of 58

When it will be resolved? 

One time poster
Message 54 of 58
Message 54 of 58

It have pass 1 year Smiling Face with HornsAlert

And you haven't did anything 

One time poster
Message 55 of 58
Message 55 of 58

Hi

Since I bought my Xperia from UAE's 8/2017 and I can not update the software. My device is Xperia xz and it works on the version

39.2.A.0.417

The IMEI carries a number

personal info hidden 

I got message there is a new software area of ​​104 MB and I download it but when the download finishes i saw the sign of the android and installation, but in the half of the installation it interrupted and opens the device and then comes a message (unable to update) I have also tried through the computer but also I could not. I'm currently in Sudan, but i was also in Saudi Arabia, Thailand and Malaysia with the same problem 

Adviser
Message 56 of 58
Message 56 of 58

It is interesting to see that people are still having the same problem with their Xperia. I started this thread and I have still been unable to update android in nearly 21 months  Ii was told a fix was in place but I have tried not only in the UK but in 7 different European cities but still have no update  

My phone upgrade is due in two months and I will be getting a Samsung galaxy. 

One time poster
Message 57 of 58
Message 57 of 58

Same issue with new XZ1 Compact.

Error while updating with WLAN.

Error while updating with Xperia Companion: kResultCode_DeltaUpdateResultDidReturnFail

Current version: 47.1.A.12.75

New version: 47.1.A.12.119

Don't wanna try to run a software repair cause all data and apps was successfully transferred from old Z1 Compact.

Edit: Fixed with repair mode. Version is now 47.1.A.12.205

Highlighted
Learner
Message 58 of 58
Message 58 of 58

How was u fix in repair mode any how can teach me? My xz1 having a same problem