account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Wireless Charging for the XZ

Talent
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Wireless Charging for the XZ

πŸ†˜Could somebody please tell me if the Xperia XZ can be charged wirelessly, and if so, do you need a Qi Receiver Kit?  ✘

TINA
--❌--
4 REPLIES 4
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wireless Charging for the XZ

It can't be charged wirelessly as sold. The Z3 had an external case and a Qi plate you could buy, and the Z5 also, but unless someone has seen one out there somewhere, you can only charge via a usb c cable unfortunately. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.

I don't suppose you know if the XZ has Visual Voicemail? I don't think it does but somebody else says it has....😯

TINA
--❌--
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I think it depends on whether you've updated to oreo firmware as sony possibly removed it quite recently - last I heard the issue was being escalated - if you have it, look for the tab at phone, menu (three dots), settings, calls, and voicemail - alternatively, try "visual voicemail plus" on the store which should be free. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

No it doesn't sony reckons that because it has a c charging port(which dose charge quick bout 30 min 70% charge) they felt it wasn't a thing they wanted to put on the phone but you can get a wireless charging adapter fitted in UK for around Β£40 depending on phone shop as phone has to be taken apart to install