account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Why do the new xperia phones removed Lanyard Hole?

Learner
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Why do the new xperia phones removed Lanyard Hole?

The Lanyard Hole was a big bonus and makes the xperia different from other brands. It might not be a big thing to some, but its the details of their designs through out their xperia lineups. They should really consider bring back the Lanyard Hole, because its just this little hole that makes the xperia more unique and a bit different from other competitors and Its also useful to some users who likes to put a strap on their phones.

20 REPLIES 20
Emperor
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Why do the new xperia phones removed Lanyard Hole?

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sage
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

I agree... I made the same complaint when the X line started... I really wonder why they took it away. For me it feels safer to have a wrist strap rather than a case (both together is ideal)...

Anyway I think I will miss that feature because now there are absolutely no phones with it and when I upgrade my Z3C it's going to feel weird... Specially now that I have to go for a bigger option in order to have the better features.
Sage
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

You could adopt Ringke fusion cover which has lanyard hole even for the iPhone cover.

Good advice Uliwolly: I will file a complain for both Fm radio and lanyard. I will report back about it.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

I need to upgrade from Z3 but XZ has no lanyard hole. I am a Sony regular customer with a Sony ecosystem of devices, unfortunately I will have to opt for Z5 and start studying alternatives for the next moves. I use the Lanyard for trekking and other activities, and a floating strap for boat, beach and pool. It proved being very useful.
Commissioner
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

XZ no lanyard attach?

I can't believe they removed lanyard or wrist strap attachment point from all phones.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Hi all, 

I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding decisions like this but I understand how you feel. I will forward your thoughts on this as user feedback.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Hole for lanyard is what I really need.I take my phones around neck,and i dont need some ugly case with hole for lanyard, maybe only frame with hole for lanyard. So Sony make some about this,make some frame,but fast!
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Yes, bring back the lanyard hole...

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Regular
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

Do you know where to find only bumper frame,with hole for lanyard?