account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Very Slow processing, what happen?

Rookie
Message 41 of 53
Message 41 of 53

Re: High temperature, reduced productivity, terrible system lags

Restarted my phone 5 minutes ago after switching off my Google feed...... so far so good. Thanks UglyD

@UglyD wrote:

A fix has been identified, turn off the feed in Google Now and turn off Google Assistant until there is a fix. 

But also keep in mind updates do worse for Xperia devices than they do better, historically speaking. 

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 53
Message 42 of 53

Happy to hear. 

My Japan and USA models have excellent yet to go past 7.0 but I still disabled Google assistant and XZ flies with excellent memory management and is super fluid, all versions. 

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 53
Message 43 of 53

Switching off Google Assistant and the Google Now feed did not work for me. Still no difference after the usual restart. Phone behaves okay for a day then goes haywire again. 

Learner
Message 44 of 53
Message 44 of 53

Just updated to build number 41.2.A.7.35 and RAM load has gone down significantly. So far so good. Everything smooth again. 

One time poster
Message 45 of 53
Message 45 of 53

I have the dual sim version... since a quite long time I am suffering from unbearable lags... I am not sure, which update caused that and for now I am on the latest "41.2.A.7.35".. my symptoms are as follows:

- high RAM usage.
- phone becomes laggy so I know who is calling in couple of seconds after ringing
- switching between apps became impossible (like between GPS and phone call)
- sometimes I open it and I see the applications icons on the screen are refreshing like if I have just restarted the phone.
- i do 4 to 5 restarts per day to make the phone functioning but this is very annoying.

I just disabled googles feed 5 minutes ago and I don't know the result yet.

Regular
Message 46 of 53
Message 46 of 53

Deactivated Google feed

After 1 day System is using 1.6 GB of RAM

A bit better but still lags with Chrome and Facebook

Learner
Message 47 of 53
Message 47 of 53

The same problem. RAM usage increases constantly to 2.7GB. I have to reset my XZ twice per day. 

One time poster
Message 48 of 53
Message 48 of 53

Re: Xperia xz running slow

@Nofal wrote:

Hey guys my xperia xz is running very slow through scrolling, texting, phone logs, opening applications basically every thing but whe i restarts it works good for a while then starts to be slow again, any help pls

Same here.

I have to restart my XZ each 2-3 days.

Updated to latest build for July 2017.

What I can do next ? 

Adviser
Message 49 of 53
Message 49 of 53

Re: Xperia xz running slow

I've noticed as well that my XZ started to lag after installing the July security updates. Maybe it has something to do with that? Hopefully Sony fixes this in an upcoming update.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 50 of 53
Message 50 of 53

Same to me also, temperature will increase if open too many apps, then it will start hang, and i need to restart the phone to make it normal, and also after charge the performance will be slow, need to restart again.. how did this phone recognize as sony 2016 flagship still confuse