account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Users Experience with Fingerprint log in

SOLVED
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Users Experience with Fingerprint log in

Hello guys, until now I am reluctant to use log in my Xz with fingerprint as it's buggy in my brief experience specially that my unit is enclosed in black flip case. I am still using the tried and tested 4 numbers log in. How about the rest of Xperia xz users what can you say about it. Did you find it easy to use..? Do you recommend or discourage it to fellow xz users.?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Re: Users Experience with Fingerprint log in

I use the XZ with Sony's flip case. I open the case lid, touch the fingerprint scanner and my phone is instantly unlocked. If you have lag then perform a software repair or reinstallation. If your fingerprint just fails to register then make sure you have recorded 8 prints in different positions.
18 REPLIES 18
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

I couldn't recommend it more to be honest, really well implemented......
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Hi @trashcan,

I would recommend using the finger print feature. It's very easy to use and is also extremely handy. No more having to type in a PIN, pattern or password to unlock the phone every time I need to check something real quick.

Worst case scenario you always have a backup screen lock to use if your hands are for example dirty and it's hard for the phone to read your finger print.

I hope that answers your questions, if not let me know! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Mine works every single time...
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Mine is superb, best phone print reader for reliability and speed by far

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

I've not had a problem with the fingerprint reader, been flawless so far

Xzs
Adviser
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

After nougat update, the fingerprintscanner has started to lag alot.. It can take up to 2 sec before the screen lights up 👎 It use to be very fast with marshmallows.
Commissioner
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

I appreciate all your comments guys . But did anybody experience using XZ with a case or flip book cover where there is a noticeable lag in response.with fingerprint scanner. I also corroborate that response with nougat update. . This is my concern why I abandoned it in favor of the PIN..
Commissioner
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

I use the XZ with Sony's flip case. I open the case lid, touch the fingerprint scanner and my phone is instantly unlocked. If you have lag then perform a software repair or reinstallation. If your fingerprint just fails to register then make sure you have recorded 8 prints in different positions.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to see that most of you are very happy with the finger print feature and that is working great! Slightly smiling Face

@Xzs, Does this happen every time you unlock the phone? I would recommend that you reboot your phone in safe mode and see if you experience the same behaviour here.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.