account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Usb stick OTG extremely slow

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Usb stick OTG extremely slow

Greetings everyone, 

I recently bought a 3.0 usb flash drive  (Silicon Power B30 128GB) to store movies and play them on TV. I formatted the flash drive to exFAT and I use a 3.0 USB-C adapter (not cable) to normal USB female port for connecting the flash drive to phone. The transferring of files is unbelievably slow. Also when it's detected and the notification appears, the charging usb device is selected by default and I can't choose any other option, it always reverts to default. I read that I should try restarting the phone with the drive connected (don't know why) but nothing changed. The flash drive worked properly when I tested it on pc after reformatting it. What's the deal?

Sidenote; Before using this new drive I was using a card reader with the phone's SD card and the same usb-c adapter and it worked properly. 

3 REPLIES 3
Commissioner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Usb stick OTG extremely slow

@Sethunawrote:

Greetings everyone, 

I recently bought a 3.0 usb flash drive  (Silicon Power B30 128GB) to store movies and play them on TV. I formatted the flash drive to exFAT and I use a 3.0 USB-C adapter (not cable) to normal USB female port for connecting the flash drive to phone. The transferring of files is unbelievably slow. Also when it's detected and the notification appears, the charging usb device is selected by default and I can't choose any other option, it always reverts to default. I read that I should try restarting the phone with the drive connected (don't know why) but nothing changed. The flash drive worked properly when I tested it on pc after reformatting it. What's the deal?

Sidenote; Before using this new drive I was using a card reader with the phone's SD card and the same usb-c adapter and it worked properly. 

My transcend USB 3.1 to USB C 64 GB OTG is running normally and fast just like transferring files to PC if I use it on my XZ. 

Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I can play  video files on that OTG directly while connected to USB C of the XZ. I thinks it's the fault of your OTG. 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Can you provide a link of the product or something else, cause I'll probably buy it and give it a try. I can't find it online.