account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Usb C problem on xperia xz

Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Usb C problem on xperia xz

Hi I just bought an xperia xz. The usb C cable does not fully connect inside the conector on the phone and seems to be loosen. If we just touch the cable it seems loosen White chargind. It does not seem to be proper connected on the phone. Is there any one with the same problem? I dont know if this is normal or my cable or my phone are damaged.
12 REPLIES 12
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Usb C problem on xperia xz

Hi @Lfsf86, welcome to the community.

It is not normal, no. Do you have another USB-C cable you can test this with?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

I called Sony local support. They said if this is no interfering on the charging process (and its not) and its not loosen in such a way the cable can simply disconnected from the phone (and its not) its normal. The usb C conector after plugged on the phone remains 1-2mm out from the plug of the phone. Can you please send your point of view based on the above additional comments? Note: I called the vendor. He sent me a picture with many other xz connected on the cables. All have the same situation as mine.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Its fine like that. I didn't trust it also at the beginning. But Charging and Data connection works just fine even if i move the usbc little left and right. πŸ˜‰
One time poster
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

as you

cant finend usb c in mt country

it so bad filing angry

Learner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Hi, this is shameful. Such a huge company as Sony designs a poor conector. I have paid a fortune for this Xperia Xz. If I compare with Galaxy S7 Edge and IPhone 7 connectors, it does not happen. I bought a new cable and it does not fit well. Unfortunately, this is my last time with Sony Xperia type C connectors. If a company is not redy to launch a new produc its better not to do. 

Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Just to inform everyone. Now my xperia xz is not charging anymore. I testes with new cables and plugs. The phone is dead. I sent to the store and they will give me a new one. 

One time poster
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Unfortunately, I see that I am not the only one in this case. I had exactly the same problem, the phone was less than a month old when one night it was impossible for me to plug it in to recharge it. I went the next morning to a shop specializing in mobile phone repair, verdict: a "paw" has moved inside the USB-C jack of the phone! My reaction, as well as that of the professional who observed my phone was surprised to find that such a problem could occur while the USB-C type jacks were specially designed: 1- for fast charge / 2 - TO AVOID THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM WHILE THE CABLE DOES NOT HAVE A DIRECTION OF CONNECTION!

So the question is, how come that happens! What's more, finding that the case is recurring !?

It's a hidden vice !? Yes !
It is the 2nd XZ I own, so I know the phone, and could compare, the 1st did not, and never had this problem!

My phone is currently being repaired at xperia care, I'm waiting to see the verdict.
If Sony finds the pretext not to take it as a guarantee I will not leave it there.

I can only advise anyone in this situation to do the same.

Paying a phone over 600 € to see a problem as improbable in not even a month of use, this is absolutely not normal! Especially vennt a box like Sony!

I hope I have been heard!

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

My problem look like yours people. It's wan't let me plug my cable into phone. At all !!! Yesterday was OK. Today not. From nothing. Two months old phone!!  For more than 500 pounds!!! 

Regular
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Guys.

Just happend to my 7 month XZ as well. 

Cable will fall out by itself. 

U can push it in, and then it start charge, as long as u keep pressing the cable

Have to deliver it to the shop....