account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

USB charger port damage

Visitor
Message 21 of 35
Message 21 of 35

Re: USB charger port damage

Hi,

My Xperia xz was only 6 weeks old and I have sent it to Sony for repair as I bought the handset, it is not on contract. They have had it since 9/1/17 and I still havent had it back. I keep calling them and all they say is that they are waiting for parts and it is a fault not misuse. I have bought Sony for years and to be honest this is the first failed handset I have ever had. I have now had to go back to my old Z5 until my XZ is fixed...just wish they would hurry up and get it back to me.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 22 of 35
Message 22 of 35

@boris123 Sorry to hear that, I'm afraid that I don't have any market specific information regarding service routines and spare part availability. Slightly frowning Face Were you in touch with your Local support that provided you with the information, or were you in contact with the service center? If you have not yet contacted your local support team, I highly recommend doing so for more information regarding your case as they are well informed in local market routines.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 23 of 35
Message 23 of 35

Hi,

Yes it was my local support on the 03705-237237 number who I have been dealing with.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 24 of 35
Message 24 of 35

In that case it is likely as they informed you I'm afraid, I can't neither confirm it or deny as I do not operate in that market. Slightly frowning Face My best suggestion would be to raise any concern you may have with the local team for the best possible assistance.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 25 of 35
Message 25 of 35

I purchased my xperia xz to update from previous xperia. It had a loose charger socket from day 1, one minute it would charge and then the next minute the cable had fallen out. In the end I purchased a docking station so that the phone sits on the type c connector.

It seems to me there was no problem until Sony moved to the type c connector. I also have an xperia tablet and have had sony phones with the old connector with no problems. Having had your phones for over 20 years I do not think I will have one again. I have not sent it back because I do not want to get angry if someone from sony says it was my fault.

Look forward to your reply from a very annoyed customer Mick..........

P.S. forgot to mention that because of the loose connection I cannot connect to other devices 

One time poster
Message 26 of 35
Message 26 of 35

I'm having the same problem  I think. Found my XZ dead, and it seems to have stopped retaining charge out of the blue, tried multiple different wires, plugs, PCs etc. No computers detect the phone :/. 

One time poster
Message 27 of 35
Message 27 of 35

Several years ago, I bought my wife a Z2 which surprised me by its battery, its quality and style. The cell phone fell into the water ... The phone, which was supposed to be water-resistant, stopped working. Fortunately, the warranty covered the repair. A year later, I bought a Z3, which disenchanted me by how the battery was discharged. I lost that phone in the countryside. Sony's location solution did not work. Immediately, I bought an XZ. Same problems with the battery that was brutally discharged (I do not want to be in stamina mode all the time). Not many months have passed, and the "c" type usb port has sunk into the phone. Charges, but does not connect to the PC. I search the Internet, and I find it aberrant how there is so much information to solve problems with Sony components. Something happens, and I do not want to pay it.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 35
Message 28 of 35

Hi @Ex-Xperia, I am sorry to hear about your experiences. Slightly frowning Face

I understand that it may be frustrating, but I am sorry to say that since this is hardware related, I can only recommend that you have your device sent to an authorized service center so that a technician may examine it for you. Slightly frowning Face 

In order to do so, I advice that you get in touch with your Local support so that they may assist you in having it sent in. They are well informed with the local consumer laws, warranty terms and service routines for your market.

Visitor
Message 29 of 35
Message 29 of 35

Unfortunetly Sony phones have the worst build quality. below are the problems that I have faced with my Xperia phones:

Xperia Z1: screen became dim for no reason. 

Xperia Z2: waterproof flaps disintegrated, device overheating and dropping calls. 

Xperia Z3: Screen disintegrated because the device was overheating and they have used cheap glue to fix the screen. 

Xperia XZ: USB-c adapter broke for no reason, top and bottom plastic parts disintegrated due to cheap quality glue.

Also, all of these phones had terrible loud speakers and mics. 

It's my last overpriced/cheap quality Sony phone, I'm buying Samsung note 8. 

One time poster
Message 30 of 35
Message 30 of 35

For anyone still wondering. I had the exact same problem and at first, I believed that it was due to the charging port being faulty but no that wasn't the case.

The real issue is that the charging port gradually starts getting pushed back into the phone. If you look up pictures of what the charging port should look like and compared it to how yours looks and notice that there's a significant difference then you know what I stated is true.

To fix, FOR FREE, I recommend getting your charger and cutting it a bit to extend the neck of the charger. What I mean by this is the metal piece that is inserted needs more length in order to reach the inside of the phone so if you cut the plastic of the charger to expose more of the metal then it will be able to reach it.

Do this at your own risk and be careful if you do. I recommend doing this if you have more than one charger and don't mind cutting it up a little. It worked for me and it might work for you if it does make sure to like this post so that more people can see it.