account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

USB charger port damage

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 35
Message 11 of 35

Re: USB charger port damage

I understand your frustration, it's never fun to have to send ones device for servicing once, let alone multiple times. Slightly frowning Face 

If I could look in to your case to see what can be done I would gladly do so, but unfortunately since I work Globally I am not familiar with your local consumer laws, service routines and warranty terms I'm afraid. For this reason, I am not aware if it's possible or not to provide you a loan phone while your device is sent in for servicing, it would be best to raise it with your local support in Switzerland and explain it the same way you did to me and they will gladly assist you! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 12 of 35
Message 12 of 35

Hello: I have the same problem with the micro USB connector type C, and I looked at it with a magnifying glass with LED, the problem is that internally a very thin wire is detached from the connector itself and this does not allow the cable to enter the phone. A watch-maker's diskette replaced the wire next to the connector and the cable was already inserted, but as it was damaged after a few cable connections the same thing happened again. I have sent it to the local SAT of Spain, the phone has less than a month, and as I opened the Bootloader I have answered this: Status processing request Xperia ™ XZ IMEI:  WARRANTY UP TO: 11/15/2018 Need help? Order Details ELECTRICAL REPAIR Your device has defective electrical parts. To resolve the problem, you must change the entire circuit board. Total repair price: € 208 In the working part of the sat it says this: Description of the repair: Updating sortware-general. Mandatory piece changed-general. Replacement part-functional parts Plate swap - functional parts of Climbing board to manufactures functional parts. Observations: Out of warranty - Terminal out of warranty by manipulation software. Care Code: CARE103 Change of plate. Pieces: F8331 / Repaired Exchange PBA / Rep. Logically we have to change the internal plate, we have been waiting for more than a month for a phone that paid € 600, they told me that since I had manipulated the software the repair was not guaranteed and I had to pay € 208. I have some questions: If Sony warns the user that he loses the warranty but gives him the method to unlock the Bootloader and then the phone has a HARDWARE fault clearly as it is my case and others that are the same, it is legal to cancel the warranty when the problem Is clearly HARDWARE (the connector)? I understand that if you unlock the Bootloader and you have any software problems are not covered by the warranty, but a problem that is the type C connector that produces it, I really do not understand. I already paid the € 208, I have 4 Mobiles Sony but surely seeing this deal by Sony Spain I will pose in the future to buy Sony products again, and that I am an unconditional fan of the brand, but facts like this make The big companies lose customers and some eventually come on even broken bank. Thank you and sorry for my English.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 35
Message 13 of 35

Hi @Pere1, I am sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

It is true that the warranty may be voided if you modify the software, but as you wrote in your post - you've also modified the hardware by performing service at a watch maker if I understood you correctly? This is against our warranty terms and conditions and will void warranty, I don't recommend that you try repairing your device yourself.

I'm afraid that I am unable to assist you with a local service case such as this and provide you with information as to why certain decisions were made regarding the warranty, since I am based in the Nordics. My recommendation is that you get in touch with your Local support in order to be assisted and raise your concerns and they will do their best in order to assist you! Slightly smiling Face

I have also edited out your case number, please do not provide any privacy information as it is against our discussion guidelines.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 14 of 35
Message 14 of 35

Hello:
Sorry for not expressing myself well, I did NOT mean that I took the Xperia XZ to a watchmaker, but I did verify that when I connected the cable, a part of the internal micro usb connector type C was detached, and with a small screwdriver I turned it Put in its place and then already worked well, but as the XZ was new and seeing that it was a problem that had already occurred in some other I decided to send it to the SAT.

I already paid the repair, almost a month ago that delivered the XZ to the local SAT Spain and say nothing. 1 month to change the electronic board ??

The reason for my post is to notify SONY THERE IS A PROBLEM RECORDED WITH THE USB TYPE C CONNECTOR on this smartphone, to be considered for production, and that they CAN NOT void a warranty when there is a design or manufacturing problem of A PART OF THE HARDWARE (TYPE C CONNECTOR).

I have been a user of Sony Mobile from the Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3, Z5 and now XZ and I will surely continue with Sony Mobile since for me they are the best smartphones that currently exist, but I think in SAT LOCAL Spain deals in a way Not correct to the customers, the SAT in each country is different since the one that manages the SAT in each country is a different company, but I think Sony Global has to have knowledge of certain behaviors like this one.

Thank you

.Sorry for my English.

Message 15 of 35
Message 15 of 35

Or...it was something else.
If they changed the mainboard, that is completely separate component than the USB assembly.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 16 of 35
Message 16 of 35

Hello: Thanks for the help, I already indicated that the problem was the connector and I have indicated again so they do not forget, I guess they change the electronic board because the bootloader was unlocked, and thus justify the money they charge, They looked at the connector, if they do not repair it properly it will have to be repaired again. Let us have faith in the SAT of Spain.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 35
Message 17 of 35

I understand how you feel and your concern, however I'm afraid that the feedback is best raised with your Local support since they are one team active in your local market. It is good that you let the Global market know, but since I am based in the Nordics I can't look in to your case or the local routines in your market. I am also unfamiliar with consumer laws and warranty terms in your market, so there is not much I can do for you I'm afraid aside from recommend you to leave this feedback to your local team. Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 18 of 35
Message 18 of 35

Hello: Yesterday arrived the XZ repaired, everything perfect so far, electronic card + usb connector changed, new imei, Android version 7.0, security level 1-12 / 2016 Compilation number: 39.2.A.0.361
Learner
Message 19 of 35
Message 19 of 35

I have the same issue and I have previously reported it.

A look at other forums shows other people with the same issue. I've seen around 20 people comlaining about this exact issue and haven't had to look very hard.

My phone has been in for repair for 3 weeks now and I am still waiting for it to be returned.

If the issue is a small wire coming off, it will almost certainly re-occur.

Sony have a definite quality issue with this phone and either don't seem to be aware of it, or aren't perpared to admit it. There are far too many people reporting this exact issue for it to be anything other than a design error or a build quality issue.

In addition to this issue, before my phone went back I had massive issues after the update to 7.0.

I am extremely disappointed with the phone and wish I had bought something else now.

Adviser
Message 20 of 35
Message 20 of 35

moordown66

Could you post the link to the other forums?

Thanks!