account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Storage Issue - XPERIA XZ f8331

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Storage Issue - XPERIA XZ f8331

The internal storage of my Xperia XZ f8331 is full but I have inserted a 32GB memory card into it I but I can't downdown apps from the playstore to it... How can this issue be solved? 

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Storage Issue - XPERIA XZ f8331

Hi @VanIvan, welcome to our forum!

You can't install applications directly on your SD card, but you can move them to your SD card if this is supported by the application.

To check if it is, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > name of the app > Storage > Change > SD card.

Worth noting is that most applications that you can download data in, such as offline movies/TV-shows, playlists and so on, have an option in the app settings to move this data to the SD card, which will also free up some storage in your device.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi, 

I've got an issue on my Xperia XZ: apps on the sd card can't be updated. I formated it, it's working normally. I've tryed all the solutions 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

... And nothing worked. Can you help me ? Internal storage is nearly full. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi @AndroidMalgreTout, sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

As I'm not sure exactly what you have tried, you may already have tried the solutions below, but in case you haven't tried, please do and let me know.

First of all, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Google Play services > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Uninstall updates. Go back one step and do the same for Google Play store.

Wait a bit and they should update automatically and when that has occurred, try and update the apps again.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I'm not having problem with updating my apps. I problem I'm facing is that,when I download an app from the playstore it is stored on the internal memory by default and I can't change it to my external SD card..... My internal storage is full now, I have 25GB free space on my SD card but still I can't download apps... Please help me out

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi @VanIvan,

Not all applications supports being moved to a SD card and it's up the developer to add support for this. Applications also needs to be installed on the internal storage and then moved to the SD card (if supported), they can't be installed directly on the SD card.

You can go through your installed applications and see if any of them can be moved to an SD card. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > name of the application > Storage. If you can see "Change" here, it can be moved to the SD card.

Let me know if that helps!

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi, 

Thanks for your help, but it doesn't work: Google services fails to downgrade. 

I need a global fix and I think I'm not the only one. Will Sony bring an update to solve our problems ? 

I was a great fan, but now I'm thinking to move to another smartphone brand.