account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still don't understand what causes such a big battery drain on Oreo on XZ

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Still don't understand what causes such a big battery drain on Oreo on XZ

I've done factory reset. I've used my phone till it died at 0%. I've repaired software with Xperia companion. Now I'm thinking to somehow downgrade to Nougat, but don't know how exactly. Any suggestions? I bought phone in late Oct.

Screenshot_20171214-123443.png

Screenshot_20171214-123455.png

Screenshot_20171214-123503.png

1 REPLY
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Still don't understand what causes such a big battery drain on Oreo on XZ

I'm perplexed by most of these threads if I'm honest. Oreo isn't the car crash firmware it's being made out to be, and if I'd used my screen for over two hours, I'd fully expect the battery to deplete by at least 33% or more depending on exactly how I was using the phone. Perhaps try clearing your apps when not using your handset. I left for work at 06.20 this morning. From a full charge, I have 55% left which will easily get me through the evening. I don't intend to be patronising, but it's generally a good firmware with some minor adjustments needed......