account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony xz unknown sources

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony xz unknown sources

Hi, i put an app on my phone that required me to tap the "unknown sources button" the link took me directly to this, so it was easy to find. But now I am unable to find it to turn it back off again. I have been to settings, security /lock screen settings and it just is not there. I have watched numerous YouTube videos and they all say it should be there, but it isn't. Please can you advise? 

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony xz unknown sources

@Lizzie1976 

Go to:

Settings > apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access Install unknown apps > select the app 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony xz unknown sources

@uliwooly wrote:

@Lizzie1976 

Go to:

Settings > apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access Install unknown apps > select the app 

Hi, 

This unfortunately is not what I wanted. What I want is to disable Allow unknown sources. I have attached a link on how to enable on my phone. But the button isn't there on my phone. 

https://youtu.be/Lx_qBxfm_EQ

How to Enable Unknown Sources in SONY Xperia XZ FZ8331? How to allow SONY Xperia XZ FZ8331 in SONY Xperia XZ FZ8331? by usind Unkown Sourcers you may allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store. More Info: http://www.hardreset.info/devices/sony/sony-xperia-xz-fz8331/