account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony xperia xz storage problem

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony xperia xz storage problem

Hi everyone, I have a sony xz and recently my storage is has been getting full from pictures and videos and today i backed them all up to google photos and imported them on my pc and after that i deleted all of them from my device but when i go to storage it still says that I have over 7gb or images/videos.
How can I free that space up?

2 REPLIES 2
One time poster
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony xperia xz storage problem

Am having exactly the same problems and I've been told its the updates taking the space up and there is nothing we can do but get another phone.  So was not a happy bunny as I've had to delete all games and everything onto external sd card an still i have only 1 gb left. I love this phone and don't want to buy another as am a carer for my dad and can't affor another yet. 

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony xperia xz storage problem

Hey i found out what it is, for me it was all the media from whatsapp.

I formated my phone and when i was restoring the backup from my whatsapp it asked if I want the 7gb of media back.