account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony xperia xz lag, heating issues, camera lag, overheating, display not responsive, wifi disconnect

Learner
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Sony xperia xz lag, heating issues, camera lag, overheating, display not responsive, wifi discon

Hi where You done the downgrading?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Re: Sony xperia xz lag, heating issues, camera lag, overheating, display not responsive, wifi discon

I have owned multiple XZ phones and still have one with the latest update.

Therefore I am an confirm that I never had these issues.

yes I had poor WiFi connectivity on one device but got it replaced.

what I assume is that a app or extension installed on the phone is using a lots of resources. 

You may have already removed that  app but some files leftover are still using the phone.

Try to do factory reset the phone, by erasing everything. 

If it doesn’t work,

do a repair using the Xperia companion.

also make sure that the apps you install are not causing any problem.

If you still have the issue, then it’s most likely a hardware issue.  

Send it back to Sony for warranty ( And push for replacement)

Learner
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

the problem is that already 2 times the phone was with sony care and the first time they exchanged the front and back because bent from the temperature as well as the camera and the second time no mistake, every time they re-upload the software, probably tomorrow will answer the phone and if for the third time there will be an error turning off the camera from overheating, it will fall to my hands one thing is certain I will NEVER BUY SONY

Visitor
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Everything is only to have phone on the same price list like Samsung or other brands they have to be competition or rivalry! I'm offensive from that big company for my all life I used Sony but now I will tray others brand evan cheap chainese phones! 

Visitor
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I definitely solved this with software repair via Xperia Companion software on pc. Keep in mind to have your battery fully charged. Its a new phone now.