account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony xperia xz lag, heating issues, camera lag, overheating, display not responsive, wifi disconnect

Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Sony xperia xz lag, heating issues, camera lag, overheating, display not responsive, wifi disconnect

Hello. I started this topic because my experience with the xperia xz is horrible. In my opinion I just wasted 650 Euros (758 USD). 

I have my phone for 1 and a half year now, before I owned this phone I had the xperia z3 and before I had the z3 I had the z2. My problems started with the xperia z3 (Just some heating issues and some apps closing issues, they are still ussues though.) 

Now i'll talk about the xz I have. I have installed Whatsapp and Instagram on my phone and nothing else. I have never dropped my phone, never rooted it or anything else.

Problems:

1 Whenever I wake up and start using my phone it starts lagging like crazy, as if something big is running in the background. I need to give it atleast 5 minutes to let it behave normall again. 

2 When i'm doing simple tasks like watching a youtube video, my phone starts to heat up to the point it isn't comfortabel to hold. It heats up at the bottom where the speaker is and at the top where the back camera is. whenever it heats it will lag alot, i'm talking about really bad lag.

3 sometimes my phone just disconnects to the wifi. usually when this happens I just turn my wifi off and on again. but sometimes when I turn it on again it won't show any wifi networks to connect, I need to turn the wifi off and on again a couple of times for it to work again.

4 Youtube crashes or gets stuck atleast 5 times a day.

5 the battery is draining really fast! I don't leave any background apps running. I swipe all my apps form the background away to prefent this but it doens't help that much.

6 The "auto-rotate" censor doesn't do its job sometimes, I need to rotate it a couple of times before it works again.

7 My camera is lagging really bad. whenever I talke a video you'll see a lot of frame skips and even the mic sometimes turns on and off while recording! Also when I want to take some pictures it takes pretty long before it actually procceses the picture, this means that it takes a couple of seconds before I can take another picture.

8 A lot of times when I am tapping on something it doesn't register the tap. I need to tap it again and sometimes it even mistaps and taps something else that is pretty close to it. (Again my screen is fine, no cracks whatsoever) 

9 sometimes when I want to call some one, it takes a little while before it connects and makes a call.

Again, yes I am talking about the sony xperia XZ. The flagship phone from 2016. I hope that some one can help me with this. Cheers!

14 REPLIES 14
Learner
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Sony xperia xz lag, heating issues, camera lag, overheating, display not responsive, wifi discon

hi, I also have a problem with overheating and for this reason I can not use the camera because I have a message that due to the height of the temerature it has to cool down. Is your problem resolved by Sony?

Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Re: Sony xperia xz lag, heating issues, camera lag, overheating, display not responsive, wifi discon

Hey, no, sadly not. I still have these issues till this day. I even have it right now. The xperia xz is my only phone sooo yeah.... this is very bad for a company like sony. A cheap chinese phone would've been better.

Learner
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

I gave the phone for repair under the warranty sony and sell me wanting to believe that if I have a cracked frame, they can look inside as I exchange it at my expense and I do not know what will happen next or recognize the recalamation or come up with another crap. This is sad because I had confidence in sony and my z3 served me 3 years and now xz even does not have a year, if you do not recognize the recalamation this will be the last equipment sony

Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

That is a really bad story man. Sony really is going down.... 

Adviser
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Why did @Quester edit your post? You said that they removed a post from you becausee it was palced 2 times. you said that they deleted the post with the most kudos and left the one post withou any kudos. Seems like sony is trying to hide their faults! weird comapny! sadly we can't do anything to powerfull illuminati companies....

Highlighted
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@Winay and everyone else:

1. Kudos doesn't increase the visibility of your posts, nor makes it of a higher priority when reviewed by Sony staff.

2. His post was edited because he was discussing a moderation act in a public post, which is quite against our community's discussion guidelines. If you have any comments on such topics, privately message a moderator or a Sony staff member.

3. Duplicate posts are not allowed under any circumstances.

4. If you have any further questions regarding my reply, go back to point number 2.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

I am having THE exact same problems. My phone seems hot all the time! Have to charge it at least twice a day, lags like crazy, apps crash all the time.

I'm also on the Xz.

One time poster
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

It's the Oreo update, it's ruined the phone.

Mine is now so unusable for the first time ever, I will have to investige downgrading the operating system back to Marshmallow. It seems to be the only cure.

It's obvious Sony have not bothered to test the upgraded software, but hey, don't worry about the existing customers, they can buy a new phone 

Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Is downgrading possible with the companion program on pc? Or do I need to install a custom rom?