account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony xperia xz keeps randomly rotating during mobile games in landscape mode to portrait

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony xperia xz keeps randomly rotating during mobile games in landscape mode to portrait

Hi all,

As the title implies. 

My girlfriends phone keeps randomly rotating while playing games that are on landscape mode over to portrait and back, it's always for a few seconds and it causes every game to freeze and then pause the game. 

The phone is about 2 years or so old and should be fully up to date.

It started happening recently. We haven't tried a factory reset yet and I'm guessing my gf wants to postpone it until there is no other possible solution available. 

Has anyone else experienced this before and knows a fix? We would love to know! 

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony xperia xz keeps randomly rotating during mobile games in landscape mode to portrait

@Saedaria 

Do you experience this with an specific game or ALL games? list the game or games so we can test it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony xperia xz keeps randomly rotating during mobile games in landscape mode to portrait

I'm assuming all the games but the ones she plays the most are Skylanders Ring of Heroes and Monster Super League.