account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia XZ no sound after update

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony Xperia XZ no sound after update

Hi everyone. 

Since the latest system update my phone has not been able to play any sounds and comes up with error messages for voice notes on WhatsApp and skips through every song on my music app. I do not believe there is anything wrong with my speakers since the phone avoids sound operation. 

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sony Xperia XZ no sound after update

Hi @13termey, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this problem.

Do you experience the same issue in safe mode?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hey @CameronT

Thanks for the welcome. 

I just tried it on safe mode and it's all the same. I tried my music app and YouTube and no sound still. When I tried on WhatsApp voice note it says: "sorry, can't load this audio now, please try again later" 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@13termey

Something may have gone wrong with the update. You may need to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi @CameronT

I have done the Software Repair and there is still no sound. I should mention that whenever I make or receive calls there is no sound either, the call app freezes and takes a while to end and exit the app. I am not sure if this helps further understanding.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I am sorry to hear that @13termey,

At this point I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange a repair assessment.

Learner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

What was the end of it?

II hav the exact same issue. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

i have exactly the same issue after update. and sony's local repairment told me they dont know how to repair it ! told me to continue using headphone for hearing sounds

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I ended sending the phone to the vendor. After more than 3 weeks, it came back working.

No details of how it was fixed, but I think the most of the internal part have been replaced.

Still, it must be a software issue.

Learner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Same here  no phone sound after update, speaker works with media not during calls, please advise this