account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Software glitches effecting audio

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Software glitches effecting audio

I'm dealing with a myriad of very frustrating issues of late. The issue I'll lay out in this is perhaps the most frustrating as a musician.

Since the latest security patch, my xperia xz dual has not liked a single pair of headphones I have tried (50 pairs or so). On one occasion a couple of days ago, they all started working for some bizarre reason. Thinking that the issue has been solved, I leaded up the phone with music and carried on with life as normal.

Now, I find myself sitting in an airport performing software repairs to fix this issue once again to no avail.

I just found out that the issue is indeed software related, as I have just tried some audio rerouting software that let's me hear system sounds through the 10 pairs of headphones and earphones in my backpack without any problems whatsoever. The issue is that I still cannot hear music through this medium unfortunately. Surely, Sony has an obligation to stand by its products, and test software updates before they are rolled out. I know that this is not an isolated issue... Just look at all the other complaints.

Hope someone can help. 

Jordan 

3 REPLIES 3
One time poster
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Software glitches effecting audio

I'm having the same problem. and iv tried their support forums, they are not helping me or anyone else. So wait as an idiot like me, for any fix from sony OR throw away Sony and go to another brand. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Been over a week now, and no reply from a Sony rep or tech. Not happy. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

You are not alone. I'm now suffering on my ZX Premium which I bought for music.

Not happy