account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

September security patch (41.2.A.7.65) what we know so far

Adviser
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

September security patch (41.2.A.7.65) what we know so far

I received the September security patch last night and have updated my phone to it.
So far I have not felt any difference. the known issues i was facing after August patch were

1. Battery drain/Warm phone ( sometimes) othertimes 7 hours SOT
  2. Messaging Always crashing
  3. Random phone restarts
  4. Battery care notifications disappeared.
  5. High memory usage by system

Messaging has not crashed since last night. I will keep updating as I gather more info on this.

System now uses about 1 GB to 1.1 GB on average, on previous updates i think it was using around 1.7 GB on average. I will update this in a few days again.

* Update 1 after 28 hours usage

So far battery timing seems great . I mean after full charge with random usage most of video playing from YouTube and Facebook few calls and Reddit I got about 6 hours of SOT with 20 hours of standby. Messaging hasn't crashed so far either.

*Update 2 after 3-4 Days usage

Phone performs very fluidly than before. So the performance has been great but after 1 or 2 discharges without me installing any new app the battery time has somewhat dropped. So now Phone idle is on the top as the battery consumer, and it has drained about the double amountnt of battery in last 4 hours than screen since I charged the phone to 100 percent and unplugged, battery is at 86% after exactly 30 minutes of random SOT.  So battery timing is kind of a mixed bag for now as it takes a few days for the phone to settle down somewhere consistant after every update battery performance wise. Another difference is after this update when you restart the phone it asks you for a password without android booting up. so calls etc wont be received untill you type the password and phone has finished booting up. I will update again in a few days.

*Update 4after a week or so of usage

Battery time is has been getting worse day by day. Now I get about 3 to 4 hours of SOT with 15 hours of standby. People on August patch, I would recommend you stay on August patch.

*Update 5, After weeks of usage

The phone is laggy, The Battery timing is close to what I was getting pre-August Release. phone heats up as well, messaging started crashing again, Random reboots still exist. I would Recommend stay on the august patch. This update ruined almost everything August patch fixed.

14 REPLIES 14
Regular
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: September security patch (41.2.A.7.65) what we know so far

Great. Keep us posted on the progress!

I'm still in July patch. My operator hasn't released them yet... 

Commissioner
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

I noticed after the  latest September patch that my Xz seems to have longer battery life by about 25% more... It runs cooler and faster. Meanwhile the August patch did improve RAM performance, even after reinstalling the memory hogging app like Facebook and messenger.

Talent
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Can you tell me the size of the update?

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

I can't remember exactly, as it was installed automatically.. About less than 300 MB..? 

Talent
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Just wanted to know aprroax thanks ... If it's around 300mb then Sony has included some tweaks as well ... That's a good thing.. August patch was good... Hopefully this will make the phone even better

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Congratulations, unfortunately in Spain sony has us abandoned we are still in the July update, and not an operator phone is the free version 

One time poster
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

My Sony messaging app also keeps crashing since July patch.  Still waiting for next security patch via Vodafone.  Hope get soon as driving me nuts.  Anyone else with Vodafone and waiting for next patch, not even got the August one yet!  Anyone else having issues with Messenger crashing? 

Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@CB1967 wrote:

My Sony messaging app also keeps crashing since July patch.  Still waiting for next security patch via Vodafone.  Hope get soon as driving me nuts.  Anyone else with Vodafone and waiting for next patch, not even got the August one yet!  Anyone else having issues with Messenger crashing? 

you might want to check this post https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Messaging-app-keeps-hanging/m-p/125732...

Learner
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

thank you 

Please keep us update 

I receive 41.2A.7.65  update

size  123.9MB