account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Ridiculous Lag after Android 8.0 update!! UGH!!

Adept
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Ridiculous Lag after Android 8.0 update!! UGH!!

It is frustating to see how my Xperia XZ lags with every little thing I try to do with it. Trying to open Facebook (lag), playing Pokemon Go (lag), trying to put an attachment to a text (lag), looking through Intagram (lag), everything is a lag. On top of not being able to get over 2.5 hrs of screen on time, I have to go through lag galore! I don't know who to blame for this, Sony Xperia Devs or Google but it's unbelievable how no rep from Sony can respond to these type of post, NOT EVEN ONE. I feel like I'm carrying a $500 (bought last year) piece of crap. I've been using Sony Xperia phones since the X10 and this is definitely my worst experience with a Sony Xperia phone.

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ridiculous Lag after Android 8.0 update!! UGH!!

Probably something is working very hard in the background.

Maybe you can watch apps behaviour

Enable developer mode android Oreo

Settings > System > About phone > Tap build number 7 times

Now enabled developer options in android 8.0 Oreo.

Go to settings > System > Developer options > Memory > Memory used by apps 

and watch this site.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Screenshot_20180119-061010.pngScreenshot_20180119-061015.pngScreenshot_20180119-061005.png

After checking memory, I noticed my phone is using 2.6gb out of 3gb of RAM and Android system/Android OS are the main users of RAM! Is this normal?

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Yes .. Mee too.. And still sony xperia dont do anything about it.. And not even reply to this.. At first i want to try another brand and i choose Sony.. But.... I try to sell this xz phone.. I dont even mention Xperia XZ only Sony and the phone shop dont want to take any Sony phone.. Worst!!