account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Refurbished Xperias still water-resistant?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Refurbished Xperias still water-resistant?

hi, i would like to ask whether or not refurbished xperias still retain their water resistant abilities. Is there a standard for refurbished devices? Who can refurbish Sony phones? Can i bring a refurbished unit to a center to get it checked and get them to reseal the phone so that it can be resistant again? If yes, how much does it cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Refurbished Xperias still water-resistant?

Hi @XperiaZ7, welcome to our forum!

As far as I know, all devices that are water resistant and that are repaired at an authorized service centre will keep their water resistance, however as this is a Global user based forum, I recommend that you get in touch with your Local support, as this may vary between regions. They will also be able to provide you with information about the location of authorized service centres in your area, local service routines, consumer laws and warranty.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @XperiaZ7, welcome to our forum!

As far as I know, all devices that are water resistant and that are repaired at an authorized service centre will keep their water resistance, however as this is a Global user based forum, I recommend that you get in touch with your Local support, as this may vary between regions. They will also be able to provide you with information about the location of authorized service centres in your area, local service routines, consumer laws and warranty.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Oh, I see. Thank you so much!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

You're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

Let us know how it went in case another user is looking for the same information! Slightly smiling Face