account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Rapid battery drain since latest update

Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Rapid battery drain since latest update

Never had a problem with this phone...... Until the latest update. Now my battery runs out at a ridiculously rapid rate! I'm doing nothing different to what I've always done with usage/apps etc so it's got to be down to the recent update. I notice other people are having the same problem, does anybody know if Sony have acknowledged this problem and if there's a fix on the way?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Rapid battery drain since latest update

@Rie1

Hello there, some people reported that switching off Bluetooth and GPS (while not in use) will improve battery life. Try that until a fix is released.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, Bluetooth is never on anyway but I'll take your advice and turn off GPS when not in use until a solution is found.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

if prepared to try a factory reset, I'd suggest that - it's a stock answer, I know, but........
Adviser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Same here for me it's the Bluetooth as long as it's on the idle drain is high i went down from 1 day and 16h of use to 9h and I'm not doing anything different still using the phone normally.
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Yes i confirm that the battery rapidly drain