account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

One time poster
Message 41 of 281
Message 41 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

I also have the same issues with flickering screen and alarm that sometimes doesn't work. I'm on my way to work right now, late because of it. So far, it did not work on 2 mornings out of 10. Very annoying. 

One time poster
Message 42 of 281
Message 42 of 281

i got some problems too, something likes you,but this one i feel so annoyed which is when i playing game that voice with **bleep** noises appeared, it's not serious influence,but causes bad moods and terrible experience.actually,it was out of the way problem but appeare again when i updated to android 8.0.  

One time poster
Message 43 of 281
Message 43 of 281

I've now been working on backing up my device through XC for the past 12 hours and it's still below 50%. Doesn't seem right to me...

Adviser
Message 44 of 281
Message 44 of 281

I guess the battery issue can be solved by drainig the battery completely to zero and let it charge to 100 in order to get the battery recalibrated incase that's the problem. 

One time poster
Message 45 of 281
Message 45 of 281

Same problem, cann't connect via bluetooth with my LG CM276 stereo after update. 

Please repair it. 

Adviser
Message 46 of 281
Message 46 of 281

mine screen keep turning up and down the brightness as if they forget to put some delay or they want to prove the sensor is working.

and keyboard is erratic, eg: when i type in whatapps, whatsapp does not update, have to close the chat and go in again.

Visitor
Message 47 of 281
Message 47 of 281

Hello together,

I have XZ 64 GB Dual Sim. Since I updated my phone to Oreo Android 8.0 I have similar problems:

Especially the touch screen is not reacting that good anymore. In the upper half of the display one band is not reacting at all. I always have to swipe the display to enable a button or a link. Additionally, if the display got exposed to the sun and getting warm, it reacts by itself in the same parts of the display without touching. Pretty annoying. I hope, the problem get solved by a new software update.

One time poster
Message 48 of 281
Message 48 of 281

After the upgrade I have all problems metioned here but my apps still chrashes. I hate it.

One time poster
Message 49 of 281
Message 49 of 281

My biggest problem with the Android update is that my phone is now a non-responsive pile of junk! I responded to the update launcher this evening, it downloaded the 1.2Gb (!!!! how much?) file, seemed to install all the way to 100%, then got stuck in a boot loop that I cannot get out of.

Well done Sony, you have just fried my phone!!

Learner
Message 50 of 281
Message 50 of 281

Having had a few days to look at settings etc, Oreo seems to get worse and worse.

• I now have frequent notifications of running apps that I've force-closed
  • I have frequent episodes of freezing and pretty constant lag
  • My battery takes about twice as long to charge and about half the time to discharge with no change in my use - I used to have to charge it after a day in work, now it's only lasting until halfway through the day
  • Some apps (despite having updated) just do not perform and I have to restart them
  • The volume, despite my having put it up or down, defaults to just above zero once I leave the volume settings
  • The brightness auto-adjust does nothing
  • My Wifi frequently drops off if battery is less than 50% regardless of whether I have stamina mode activated or not

I have to say I've always loved my Sony phones and have had pretty much all the Xperias over the years.  This has just ruined the experience for me and I'm now looking to do something I've never considered before - buying an iphone.