account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

One time poster
Message 31 of 281
Message 31 of 281

Re: Sony update issued

I have 2 major bugs.

1. Misfunction of alarm clock time to time. I have to have another device with reserve alarm clock in order not to oversleep.

2. Interruptions in music playback (SBH-50 + PowerAMP).

Both issues rised when I updated device to 8.0 (Companion, software repair).

Regular
Message 32 of 281
Message 32 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

I received and v8.0 update yesterday and I am very displeased with the result.

I can confirm a few common issues like other XZ owners have:

1. Battery takes way longer to charge

2. Battery gets drained a lot faster

3. Toggle between sound off and on doesn't work properly - It does go silent or loud, but the bar (line) which shows how loud or silent is the phone doesn't react.

4. I don't like the way how folders for app shortcuts got so big, taking up the whole screen now.

These are first few major things I've noticed and I'm already pissed about the upgrade. Did the Sony SW developers even test the phones?

I must say that the latest v7 version was very stable and everything ran smoothly. Had I known that, I'd never update the phone to v8 until I was sure that the version is stable.

One time poster
Message 33 of 281
Message 33 of 281

Another issue : I can neither receive nor send MMS any more. SMS work fine.

Solved : that was not related to this update as it began a fews days before (didn't notice earlier).

One time poster
Message 34 of 281
Message 34 of 281

I have two issues with the update on my XZS.

Brightness sensor is crazy, I have to disable adaptive brightness. Screen goes dark and bright in illogical situations.

There is sometimes a strange bar at the bottom of the home screen that moves up and down, it's like a flickering effect. If I go switch to an app and stay in that app for a while and then returning to the home screen, that flickering bar is gone.

Alarm clock. Even when turning off the alarm through the clock app, it's still activated in the notification area. I have to enable and disable each alarm preset until it's gone. 

I don't have any issues with the battery or charging from what I've noticed though.

Edit: I know this is the XZ forum but the phones are practically the same so I doubt there are any unique software  issues here between the XZ and XZS. 

One time poster
Message 35 of 281
Message 35 of 281

I have the same problems. It is very annoying. What to do? Can I go back to rhe former version?

Regular
Message 36 of 281
Message 36 of 281

In that case, we'll need to wait for 8.1 update, i hope that will fix the battery and speed/responsivness issues.

Regular
Message 37 of 281
Message 37 of 281

I also have the problem, that the alarm is not working properly. I overslept already two times.

Chris

One time poster
Message 38 of 281
Message 38 of 281

Also email app keeps crashing

Regular
Message 39 of 281
Message 39 of 281

Regarding the battery charging problem I noticed the following. After the update to Oreo charging was very slow. The charging speed increasead to the old speed, after I charged the battery one time to 100% (What I usualy not do)

Adviser
Message 40 of 281
Message 40 of 281

I am also facing the issue. If you get solution let me know.