account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Bnl
Inhabitant
Message 21 of 281
Message 21 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

I've created a list with the complains.

Be welcome to edit it.

Let's try to help sony helps us.

1 - Battery dies very fast and it seems that charging takes longer than previously.
2 - The phone is heating for no reason
3 - The phone is lagging.. Works very slowly.
4 - when trying to use some apps like mobile banking or even simply searching the phone, the keyboard is not appearing and you can not use the app or search the phone.
5 - GAME's GRAPHIC DETERIORATING
6 - Ram management: the ram average use is 2.5 constantly and just opening four apps will cause reload. Android system uses too much ram.
7 - Clock app needs optimization coz it's kimd of slow and sometimes misbehaves
8 - The notification bar while opening default message app and chrome is of different colour... While for other apps it is of same colour of main title bar
9 - Camera app needs to be updated.. 4K Setting is still a separate app..Still the old interface
10 - The camera took 5 secs or more to load and open the app and then take the picture
11 - Bluetooth doesn't work in car
12 - they delete the flash count of the timer to shot a picture (timer to shot photo with flash(like before update))
13 -flash with screen in front camera for selfie in the night (many apps have this issue like Instagram) 

14 - Volume... phone it's still too quite

15 - brightness sensor now it's too agressive

Regular
Message 22 of 281
Message 22 of 281

Hey,

I can report exatly the same behaviour of my Phone after the update.

Slow battery charging, battery is faster empty, slow reaction,...

I would like to have an undo button.

One time poster
Message 23 of 281
Message 23 of 281

I've the same problem. Im very angry about this update.

This is impossible to use my Phone normaly.

One time poster
Message 24 of 281
Message 24 of 281

Sony gerçekten çok pismanlık. Garantisi çok kötü.iki daha fazla sıkıntılı olarak döndü bana.kesinlikle almayın derim.

Sony is really bad. The guarantee is very bad.

Learner
Message 25 of 281
Message 25 of 281

Regarding my device
I do not see any trouble
There is no heat
There is no comment on the device
Average use of only 2 ram
Significant improvement in camera especially dark

Learner
Message 26 of 281
Message 26 of 281

Same problems with lagging SW

+

My alarm does not work if the phone is charging

I cannot connect my BT with my LG stereo anymore (all my other devices works fine)

If I stream music via BT and take a picture the music stops and does not restart just to make the clicking sound

Apprentice
Message 27 of 281
Message 27 of 281

When I update an app through the Play Store, my Sim Card disconnects and my phone loses signal temporarily. 

Bluetooth seems to work on certain devices. Won't connect to my portable BT speaker, but will connect to my BT sound system. 

Alarm won't go off when charging. 

One time poster
Message 28 of 281
Message 28 of 281

I had almost all of the problems mentioned. After doing software repair only problem i have noticed is shorter battery life and weak Wi-Fi, everything else was fixed.
Phone is not heating at all, even when playing games it keeps somewhat cool. Camera is turning on very fast. OS is much smoother and everything loads up much faster. Only problems left are as i said above, shorter batery life and weak WiFi

Regular
Message 29 of 281
Message 29 of 281

My XZ is like an OREO..  Hard on the outside and soft/sticky/slow on the inside.. 

Regret the day I clicked the install button

Hope Sony changes the marketing for the XZ on there website as the camera take a lot longer than 0.6 seconds to start..  more like 6 seconds..  Well that's when the camera does start..

This is like Déjà vu when Android 7 was first released on Xperia products 

One time poster
Message 30 of 281
Message 30 of 281

Sony update issued

Not happy with the update. My phone is very slow in responding to any changes in pages or texts etc. The notification colour has changed from yellow to blue and is barely readable in most lights. And the worst thing is the battery length which is normally brilliant is now vastly reduced. For a company that normally has my vote I'm incredibly disappointed. Please sort this out Sony or people will vote with there feet.!!!!!