account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Learner
Message 281 of 281
Message 281 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Hello,

I am also one of the many Sony (Ericsson) supporters.

I have an Xperia XZ Dual. After reading the lagging and battery drain issues I refused all system updates. Other than the grainy camera and the impossible simultaneous use of SD + 2 SIMs (even if you use the hardware trick that works on most phones with the same architecture, not only Sony offers the same mediocre hardware design like all other phone manufacturer but it also blocks on the software level the possibility to correct the problem...)

But after 2 years, my XZ decided to updates itself using the 3g connexion even though the settings allow it through WiFi only!

The result is horrible, battery drain and lagging as mentioned before!

I know nobody cares, but I'm not surprised sony Mobile is in the situation it is now.

The phone became unusable and I'm in the market for a new one. I always buy flagship phones so they last as long as possible because I don't like to change phones too often. But I see all my friends with Huawei apple Samsung having less problems than my Sony, so my next phone won't be a Sony sadly after 20 years of buying exlusevely their products. Really sad