account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Learner
Message 101 of 281
Message 101 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Apps keep stopping, easy to fix if they can be uninstalled and reinstalled, but if they can't then what do we do. Netflix apparently moved to my SD card, even though I could not find it, so I went into my apps list history and found that it was not installed. Tried reinstalling it from both the list and from the store. Looks like it's working then fails but leaves blank icon on my Apps page. Getting really fed up now as had nothing but problems since the update. 

Pioneer
Message 102 of 281
Message 102 of 281

Known problem @PDH13

On my device Xperia transfer Mobile has disappeared from my phone.

When I go to play store and go to install the app, play store gives me the choice to open it.

Conclusion: Xperia transfer Mobile exists in the device but it is hidden somewhere.

Anyone having tips to get the app on the foreground?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Enthusiast
Message 103 of 281
Message 103 of 281

a. settings

b. system

c. xperia transfer mobile

One time poster
Message 104 of 281
Message 104 of 281

Re: Sony update issued

I also struggle with the alarm.  Using my old Z3 currently for an alarm.

I have found that the music interruption is only when streaming to my car via Bluetooth... 

Message 105 of 281
Message 105 of 281

@Strampke @PDH13

Find it here:

Settings -> System -> Xperia Backup & restore -> Xperia Transfer Mobile

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 106 of 281
Message 106 of 281

Many thanks. The issue is solved. I went into Storage, SD card and ascertained that the app wasn't transferred to my SD card. I then went into my phones internal storage where the app now showed up (even though it hadn't prior to me checking the SD card). I was then able to uninstall and reinstall it. I seemed as though my phone needed to be shown where the app wasn't before it could be found. 

One time poster
Message 107 of 281
Message 107 of 281

My XZ also produces all the below problems.

Also apps shut down unexpectedly multiple times in a row, 

Please solve this, makes this great phone unusable sometimes.

Learner
Message 108 of 281
Message 108 of 281

Re: Problems after 8.0 oreo update !!!

same sound issue here.

occured only after update to 41.3.a.2.24

Plase help reolve that

One time poster
Message 109 of 281
Message 109 of 281

Re: Problems after 8.0 oreo update !!!

Same issues here, especially the battery drain and the slow camera. 

Sony can you please patch this? Thanks! 

Learner
Message 110 of 281
Message 110 of 281

I also seem to have fixed the rapid battery drain problem by simply backing up to the cloud. Didn't do a factory reset just the backup and noticed an immediate improvement. Still not as good as prior to the backup before Oreo, where my phone would last most of the day, but certainly better than after Oreo. My phone now lasts a good 10 - 12hrs (more like 16 if not going online etc) whereas even activating the screen after Oreo ate 4% of battery life and my battery saver app was worthless. My battery would drop about 1% every few minutes once I got below 45% no matter what I tried!