account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Enthusiast
Message 81 of 281
Message 81 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

I left for work at 06.20 this morning, and have 78% left? 

Enthusiast
Message 82 of 281
Message 82 of 281

try switching off background data on google play services....... 

Enthusiast
Message 83 of 281
Message 83 of 281

settings, apps & notifications, app info, google play services, data usage, background data....... 

Rookie
Message 84 of 281
Message 84 of 281

I am also having someof the same issues Also my sony smart watch 3 won't connect and my Sony style case no longer allows me to use touch though the cover and android pay would not work  but after Re-registering my card it now works

Learner
Message 85 of 281
Message 85 of 281

Yep , got the same problem. I have to reset the watch every time , i want to use it . The XZ will not connect if you click on the connect .

Rookie
Message 86 of 281
Message 86 of 281

I just got my sony smart watch 3 to connect after uninstalling android wear and reinstalling it but still not perfect as not all calls and texts going though to the watch.

One time poster
Message 87 of 281
Message 87 of 281

I am also facing same issues. Frequently some portion of display is not responding or even sometimes behaving abnormally. By when we can expect these issues will be addressed.

One time poster
Message 88 of 281
Message 88 of 281

I always have the same problems with a major update on my Sony Xz. I used the Sony Companion software to repair my phone. Make sure you back everything up before you use it. After using repair my phone acts right.

One time poster
Message 89 of 281
Message 89 of 281

Wish I hadn't updated either. Some apps take about 20 seconds to open, tried reinstalling them but no different. Camera is horrific now, hangs terribly and overheats quickly when videoing. Press the quick camera button on the side and have waited 15 seconds before it comes on, phone is lagging like the memory is full all the time. Has anyone had similar problems and tried a complete fresh install? If so did it fix all the issues? Maybe I've overlooked them but I haven't seen any resolutions from Sony yet. 

Learner
Message 90 of 281
Message 90 of 281

Hello Everyone Slightly smiling Face After this update to 8.0 Oreo I saw a problem with Bluetooth. When I tried to connect XZ (F8331) with Hi-Fi system (LG CM2760)  via Bluetooth it doesn't work and I don't know what to do Slightly frowning Face. I tried to disconnect them and it also didn't solve the issue. But, Bluetooth work properly, because I was able to connnect with PC and mobile speakers , so I can't only connect with LG CM2760. I see this hifi system  on the list of devices in Bluetooth settings on XZ, but I see only "connecting..." and after some seconds it lost connnection. Could someone help me somehow?