account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

One time poster
Message 231 of 281
Message 231 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

@Bnlwrote:

And the camera.... Today I had to take a photo asap, and I almost lost thr time for the photo. The camera took 5 secs or more to load and open the app and then take the picture.

I used the button on the side of the phone. 

I think sony could do some tests before rolling out 8....

@Bnlwrote:

And the camera.... Today I had to take a photo asap, and I almost lost thr time for the photo. The camera took 5 secs or more to load and open the app and then take the picture.

I used the button on the side of the phone. 

I think sony could do some tests before rolling out 8....

My phone also same issue 

Commissioner
Message 232 of 281
Message 232 of 281

What's going on Sony? You updated an older phone to an operating system two ahead of what it shipped with, that's what's going on. If you want these devices to remain of flagship performance then I suggest that in future you keep them on the o/s they came with, or at the very most only one further major update ie Marshmallow to Nougat.

Rookie
Message 233 of 281
Message 233 of 281

Dear all!

I have a reliable solution to make your phone faster like marshmallow version. First of all rest you xperia xz and then you have to disable avg antivirus and life log app in app information menu , that's all. Now you can enjoy your Sony having oreo with superb speed and much free ram. Belive me this works. One more thing with this trick that your xperia will be long lasting till next morning because. I was totally fed up with this device w.r.to it's battery and heating and lagging and much more issues but after applying above mention settings it becomes a very reliable.. Try for once before throwing away your phone. And please remember me in your prayers. And reply too. Thanks

Bnl
Inhabitant
Message 234 of 281
Message 234 of 281

This is not the solution but What I did yesterday was disabling the Google feed at the home screen. This saves more than 250MB of RAM and it made my phone more fluid.

Even the camera opens faster.

Message 235 of 281
Message 235 of 281

Same here. charging slower. Battery drains faster. Guess Oreo needs more resources. Also wifi disconnects more. overal Brightness of sceen is lower than on 7. Some keyboard apps are all messed up. Please give us an option to revert back to 7 when all was working fine. 

Regular
Message 236 of 281
Message 236 of 281

I try through adb Shell to disabile All those Apps and also other Apps bit can't play a game Like real racing 3 and also all the other Apps Like Album or photo the System crash. Sony Tell me to do a hard reset bit also this is Not working. I rescue My old Samsung note 2 and wait until Sony or Google Release a stabile oreo system

Visitor
Message 237 of 281
Message 237 of 281

Yesterday I tried the official advice from here and reinstalled the OS on my phone through the Xperia Companion. It doesn't appeared to have helped. Bluetooth audio is still a bit broken, and battery life is still at the level it dropped to when the Oreo update came out.

I'm coming to face the fact that Sony have broken this phone with such a bar update. I'll just have to sell the phone and get a replacement. I'm not enthusiastic about the replacement being a Sony phone.

Learner
Message 238 of 281
Message 238 of 281

It didn't help for me either. My batteries lasting mere hours with just normal use, it's utterly ridiculous for a phone that's nearly a thousand quid. 

I'm now sporting a brand new phone after the motherboard developed a critical fault & I couldn't hang up after a call whilst the screen was totally dead. Unfortunately after installing all the updates it's as crap as the last one. 

Totally gutted.

I'm a repeat buyer of Sony phones like a lot of us. But I'll not be back.

Sadly I was stuck with a replacement Sony when it broke or I'd be using a Samsung just now & I'm stuck with it for a while as I just don't have a spare thousand lying around, again like many others.

#sonysux

One time poster
Message 239 of 281
Message 239 of 281

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Since I did the latest update on my phone  I have had nothing but trouble with it. My phone freezes then closes app, shuts phone down and restarts, phone rings but no sound even know all sounds are up full. Is anyone else experiencing this or have ideas on how to fix. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 240 of 281
Message 240 of 281

@gazzabhoy

(^_-) ❓❓

TINA
--❌--