account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Visitor
Message 121 of 281
Message 121 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Mine was horrible toonafter oreo upgrade. Laggy, camera would take ages to load and i'd miss the shot, and slow, and battery lasting 6 hours rather than 2 days. I left it 2 weeks but couldn't deal with it anymore, so used flashtool to reflash it with 7 software. Phone now works perfectly again, camera quick to load, no problems, and I don't feel I'm missing anything, and battery life good again. I just have ro force stop the doftware upgrade app to avoid the annoying pop up every time i turn it on. Will wait a little longer for a few more updates i think!

One time poster
Message 122 of 281
Message 122 of 281

The following things lag, stutter, freeze or have poor overall performance post oreo update: Bootloader video stutter

Overall ui lags

Facebook crashes after scrolling down for a while

Instagram lags, impossible to record videos using the in app camera. Forget about video filters, AR stutters

Every single game frame drops

What I have done:

Uninstalled Google app and Google assistant

Disabled Google feed

Uninstalled and disabled everything I do not use Factory reset after update

What I refuse to do with a device of this caliber:

Turn off background sync

Use Facebook lite

What actually got better post oreo:

Battery life

Wifi

Is Sony working on an hot fix for this poor performance?! I can't be bothered with flash tool.. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 123 of 281
Message 123 of 281

Xperia XZ can't be launched on the Oreo 8.0 only

Hello,

it's been now two days since the last update of Android Oreo 8.0 has been installed on my Xperia XZ, and since then i start facing many system bugs, even my camera stopped working, I've tried everything, rebooting, rebooting in safe mode, uninstalling all cameras apps, deleting cache data from the camera app,... Etc, this Android version is a bêta version that cannot be used yet, i really feel slowed down, i can't use my phone normally, also when activating the alarm clock, it stays activated even if you deactivate it,

i even searched on your help forum and there's a lot of people having the same problems since two months, and even so the update keeps coming with all the bugs

Please help, it feels like depression.

One time poster
Message 124 of 281
Message 124 of 281

Apps crashing, phone lagging and battery drain are the common problems with XZ oreo update. Also, To mention the oreo update offered much less than what was expected for the xperia XZ.

1) The calling interface remained the same.

2) The volume of the speakers didn't improve.

3) No distortion mode was added to camera app. 

4) Nothing was done to stop overheating.

5) No fingerprint gestures were added.

One time poster
Message 125 of 281
Message 125 of 281

I'm having the same problems. Worst ever update, feel like I'm back in the dark ages. Always said xperia Was amazing. Not anymore. Sort it out sony.

Learner
Message 126 of 281
Message 126 of 281

Dear Sony, 

I have been a user of your products onl for over 10 years now. All my phones and cameras thus far have been Sony (phones even at the Sony Ericsson era). I must say I am very disappointed with the latest update on xz. This is not a cheap phone, we are not complaining about a low end phone, but a high end one that everyone paid good money for as we had trust in you. The fact that it's been over a month since the issues first occurred and you obviously haven't done anything about it is simply shameful. No, people shouldn't be forced to figure out ways to make their expensive phone work, you're the ones we paid to figure that out. Your lack of involvement in this thread is shameful above all. You have not updated us thoroughly at all and your replies have been rather useless. I am actually considering asking for my money back directly from Sony, as the support and the quality I'm seeing here is not close to what I paid for.

I am unable to use my phone. I'd rather use my old Xperia m4 aqua, as it's more stable at the moment than the xz, even if it is a low end, outdated phone.

May we please have an official update on the matter? 

Inhabitant
Message 127 of 281
Message 127 of 281

I have also problems after Oreo update.

Lagging and sometimes freezes a couple of seconds.

Camera oalso startin too slow sometimes.

This is by far the worst upsdate ever. The last Android 7 worked flawlessly.

Learner
Message 128 of 281
Message 128 of 281

After update to android 8.0.0 my WiFi connection  is limited to download up to 80Mbit / s. On nugat -190Mbit/s. The upload drastically decreased. Other mobile devices on the router show speeds of up to 250mbit / s and there is no problem with that. The device was restarted, all applications were disabled, tested in safe mode many times.

Can you check the data speed limit on your oreo devices? and check if they reach more than 80/100mbit/s? 

Bnl
Inhabitant
Message 129 of 281
Message 129 of 281

100% agree!

Im on the same as you.

That's my 4th Xperia and this is by far the worse Android.

Adviser
Message 130 of 281
Message 130 of 281

kindly can you check the call history log it has alot of lags during scrolling the log can u do that it appear on my phone please answer me thanks